A Low Carb apple pie without flour and sugar, which also consists of only 4 ingredients - can it taste delicious? Oh yes, the gluten-free apple pie will be juicy and fruity. The perfect alternative for anyone looking for a simple yet delicious low carb apple pie!
This cake is gluten-free by nature - and if you replace the (normal) sugar with a sweetener, you will end up with my Low Carb cake by yourself. The apple pie without flour is based on an airy egg foam mass with ground almonds. The consistency is a bit different from a sponge cake. And since it is a gluten-free apple pie, which lacks the gluten protein, it is also a bit "crumblier" instead of homogeneous. Which doesn't harm the delicious taste! For sweetening I used the sugar substitute xylitol. But you can also use erythritol, if you don't mind the slightly cool aftertaste, or of course normal sugar.
Apple pie with short pastry, raisins and sugar icing is a popular classic from grandma's bakery. For us one of the best apple pie recipes ever!
Since I love fast simple baking recipes with few ingredients, it is a 4 ingredient apple pie. Almonds, sweeteners, eggs, apples. That's it! It is important that the egg whites are beaten very stiff and the egg yolk xylitol mass is frothy. And at the end everything is carefully mixed. The air from the egg whites must not give way. Nevertheless, the ingredients must of course be processed into a homogeneous dough.
You can vary the gluten-free sugar-free apple pie from 4 ingredients
The Low Carb apple pie recipe can be easily modified. Do you like cinnamon? Then just add some cinnamon powder to the dough. A small amount of lemon juice or lemon rubbing is suitable for a fresh note. A few drops of bitter almond oil will give you a marzipan-like note. Half a teaspoon of baking powder makes the cake airier. And a little melted coconut oil or butter makes the sugar-free apple pie even juicier.
Hope you enjoy this recipe
Low carb apple pie with no flour and sugar
- 5 mid-sized eggs
- 1 cup Xylit or any other baking-suited sweetener
- 1 ⅔ cups Ground Almonds
- 1 ⅔ cups apples
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cups silvered almonds for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees top and bottom heat. Grease a small box mould (approx. 8 inch) and sprinkle with almonds, alternatively line with baking paper. Wash apple, peel and cut into very small cubes.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with completely fat-free, clean whisks until stiff, then pour in ½ cups of xylitol towards the end. In a second bowl whip the egg yolks with the remaining xylitol until creamy for a few minutes.
- Stir the almonds briefly into the egg cream. Gradually fold in the beaten egg white carefully and completely, but carefully. Similar to sponge cake dough, do not stir much, but rather fold it in with a whisk or dough scraper. Fold in the apple pieces (and refining ingredients as desired).
- Fill dough into form and smooth down. Possibly sprinkle with almond slivers. Bake the cake for approx. 35 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!