Moist sugarfree apple carrot cake without sugar & butter. Perfect for (young) children and all who want to snack healthy.
Hello everybody. Today I have a healthy, but still absolutely awesome cake recipe for you. Believe me: The cake will convince you!
Taste and Occasion
Very finely grated apples and carrots and a really ripe banana are the recipe for success for this healthy cake without sugar and butter. I recently created the apple and carrot cake for an invitation with young children. All of them loved the cake. As did I. I actually like it very very much!
The apple-carrot cake without sugar for babies and toddlers is, of course, also suitable for adults. The recipe is a win-win situation: it contains a portion (or two 😉) of vitamins - but they can be "hidden" very well - and the recipe is based on the Clean Baking concept. This means you only use natural, preferably unprocessed ingredients. At least if you use whole wheat flour. The baby cake is soft, super juicy and creamy. Just like the healthy banana cake.
Nevertheless, it can be eaten out of hand, as the consistency is firm and reminds me of flan. So, all in all, it's a great healthy cake for the complementary feeding age. The important thing is that you use ripe fruits that have sufficient sweetness. Carrots are slightly sweet anyway. Cinnamon and lemon juice are optional, but they belong in the cake for me.
How to make the Sugarfree Apple Carrot Cake
Let's get started with this pretty easy apple carrot cake recipe. First things first: Grate the carrot and apple very finely. Mash banana to purée and set everything aside. Now, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Beat the egg with the yogurt, stir in the coconut oil. Then, mix the remaining dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. Stir in briefly but thoroughly. Finally, stir in the prepared fruit (purée).
This carrot cake is not only low in fat and calories, but also extra fruity and moist, thanks to pineapple in the dough. This is how a good healthy carrot cake can taste!
It's time for greasing the small springform pan and dusting with flour or lining with baking paper. Pour in dough and smooth out. Bake cake for about 40 minutes. It is best to store in the refrigerator. And that's it!
The coconut oil gives the sugar-free apple-carrot cake a coconut taste. You can also use butter instead, but as a consequence, you need a more significant amount.
Sugarfree Apple Carrot Cake
- 1 Small Pan (8 in/ 20 cm)
- 100 grams (⅘ cup) carrots, very finely grated or grated; weighed cleaned
- 100 grams (⅘ cup) apples, very finely grated or grated; weighed cleaned
- 130 grams (1 cup) banana, must be very ripe and sweet
- 1 egg, medium
- 80 grams (⅓ cup) greek yoghurt, alternatively sourcream
- 40 grams (3 tablespoons) liquid coconut oil, alternatively 60g of butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 piece vanilla pod
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 130 grams (1 cups) wheat flour, e.g. spelt flour 630 or wholemeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Grate the carrot and apple very finely. Mash banana to purée. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Beat the egg with the yogurt, stir in the coconut oil. Mix the remaining dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. Stir in briefly but thoroughly. Finally, stir in the prepared fruit (purée).
- Grease the small springform pan and dust with flour or line with baking paper. Pour in dough and smooth out. Bake cake for about 40 minutes. It is best to store in the refrigerator.
If you like this recipe, check out my other healthy kids cakes without added sugar, such as the banana cake without eggs, butter and milk; the vegan apple pie or the chocolate cake without flour, eggs and sugar. Those recipes are also great cakes for babies for their 1st birthday. Or for adult women for their 30th birthday 😉 . Please do not compare such recipes in terms of taste with full-fat sugar-rich cakes. Nevertheless: I really like to eat this apple-carrot cake without sugar. You have my word of honor!
Classic Scottish Shortbread
Healthy Baby Spelt Sticks (no-sugar)
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Healthy Banana Chocolate Muffins
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Vegan & Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies
Oatmeal Pancakes with no eggs, flour or sugar