This apple pie with cream is the best apple pie ever. We say - and say many, many of our readers. The recipe for the delicious apple pie with pudding has been one of the most popular on the German blog for years. No wonder: The combination of crumbly base, fruity and refreshing filling, and creamy topping makes the apple-cream tart a truly ingenious treat 🙂 !
In 2014, the apple tart with cream among 52 apple pie recipes was voted among the top 5 by hundreds of readers. A 30-strong jury then also rated it in the taste test as - quote - "ingenious", "great", "absolutely wow", "totally cool". I can only agree with that! The special thing about this apple pie recipe is the different layers and consistencies. From crispy to crunchy to soft. An only slightly sweet kneadable dough is followed by an absolutely great apple pudding filling, for which I like to steam the apples a little bit.
The icing on the cake is the layer of also only slightly sweet whipped cream with lots of cinnamon sugar on top. I usually bake the apple-cinnamon tart in a small 20-centimeter springform pan, as it gets really high in it. Alternatively, I have also noted down the amounts of ingredients for the normal 26 cm form in the recipe.
The great thing about this apple pudding tart: It is suitable for many occasions. It tastes just as good to children as it does to adults. In addition, the apple-cinnamon tart with cream also looks more refreshing in summer than too rich. It is just the right thing for a festive coffee drink as well as for a casual coffee klatch with friends.
Apple pie with short pastry, raisins and sugar icing is a popular classic from grandma's bakery. For us one of the best apple pie recipes ever!
The best are the different layers of the apple-cream tart
Actually, nothing can go wrong with the preparation of the apple tart. You just have to allow enough time for the apple-cream tart to be ready, so it's best to make it the day before. The base is a normal shortcrust pastry, which is pre-baked for a short time. The filling consists of an apple pudding mass.
I always steam the fruit pieces a little bit, because otherwise, they are too firm for me. Instead of the vanilla pudding powder, you can, of course, use cornstarch and bourbon vanilla. Overnight the whole thing is put in the fridge. The next day the apple tart is spread with a cream topping.
I can only recommend from the bottom of my heart to bake this "very best" apple-cream tart once again. So far it has enthused everybody 😉 ! Alternatively, the apple crumbles cake, grandma's covered apple cake or healthy vegan apple cake without sugar are also delicious!
Apple-cream tart with pudding
For the floor
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 60 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg small
- 100 grams butter
For the filling
- 3 apples
- 500 millilitres apple juice
- 1.5 pack vanilla custard powder
- 100 grams sugar
- 400 millilitres cream
- 2 packs cream stiffener
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- lots of cinnamon sugar for dusting
- Grease the springform pan and dust with flour. Preheat oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- For the base, knead flour, sugar, baking powder, egg and butter in small pieces with dough hooks and/or your hands to a smooth dough. Roll out or press the dough onto the bottom of the moulds. Pre-bake for about 10 minutes.
- For the apple pudding filling, peel and core the apples and cut them into small cubes. Pre-steam briefly in very little water. Spread the apple pieces on the pre-baked cake base.
- Mix a small part of the apple juice in a cup with the pudding powder. Bring the rest of the apple juice and sugar to the boil, stir in the pudding mixture and let everything boil again briefly. Pour the pudding onto the apples and the cake base. Bake the cake at 180 degrees for another 30 minutes. Refrigerate for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- After the cooling time, remove the cake from the edge of the springform pan with a sharp knife. Then put the rim or a cake ring back on. Whip the cream until very stiff, adding cream stiffener and vanilla sugar. Spread the cream on the apple pie, smooth it down and dust with plenty of cinnamon sugar.
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!