Easy recipe for microwaved chocolate mug cake that tastes awesome & is ready in just 5 minutes. A perfect snack!
A microwaved mug cake with chocolate that takes less than 5 minutes to make - can something like this really taste good? Ohhh yes! And because there are some such good mug cake recipes, I have to tell you about them.
Taste and Occasion
For example, how about such an easy microwave chocolate cupcake that I can recommend? Usually, this is not self-evident with microwave cakes. Anyone who has already tested it probably knows it: Such a 5-minute chocolate cake can taste good but can also go extremely wrong. That doesn't necessarily have to be due to the recipe and the ingredients. Every microwave oven "bakes" differently. Sometimes you accidentally catch too much of the flour or overdo it with the baking time, and already the mug cake with chocolate is hardly edible. For example, tough, gummy, extremely egg-heavy, or tasteless. Since I've made my recipes twice and had them evaluated by independent test eaters (our kids), you can really trust me, though 😉
Of course, you can't and shouldn't compare a quick, easy 5-minute microwave chocolate mug cake to chocolate muffins or a classic chocolate cake that requires x number of ingredients, that has to be baked in the oven for an hour, and then gets pretty decorations. But: for sudden cravings, the result is perfect! This chocolate mug cake I serve even my guests 😉. Especially children love to be allowed to spoon the result out of the mug.
And contrary to what you might suspect, the mug cake with chocolate tastes delicious even after a few hours if you warm it up briefly in the microwave before eating. But enough talk now. Here comes a wonderfully moist, creamy, simply delicious cake without an oven!
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) butter, about a 1 cm slice
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) chocolate, 6 pieces
- 1 egg, medium
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) baking powder
- ½ tablespoon chocolate drops
- Place the butter in pieces with the chopped chocolate in a small bowl or the like. Melt in the microwave at about 300 watts for about 1 minute, stirring once in between if necessary. Covering the container with a small plate or lid is best so that the fat does not splash.
- Whisk the egg vigorously with the sugar in the cup for about 1 minute - e.g. with a fork or a mini whisk. Add flour and baking powder, then stir in chocolate butter briefly. If desired, add a few chocolate drops to the dough.
- "Bake" mug cakes in the microwave at 800 watts (or the highest setting) for about 1.5 minutes. Time may vary slightly depending on the device and power. Let cool briefly, garnish with a few chocolate drops, and enjoy!
From zero to cake in 5 minutes - it works with this recipe. For the craving emergency or in between as a small snack. P.S.: You can find more mug cake recipes, including this keto mug cake and the apple mug cake among others.