Quick recipe for a delicious low carb keto mug cake with coconut flour and chocolate. The microwave cake is ready in less than 5 minutes!
You're in a hurry, late night cravings overcome you, or you just want a quick dessert for your next visit? Then here I have the perfect recipe:
This mug cake without flour and sugar is ready within minutes and just the thing for spontaneous sweet cravings!
Taste and Occasion
This low carb keto mug cake is the healthier alternative to the classic mug cake. As microwave cakes, both are cooked rather than baked. The biggest plus is that they are speedy in preparing. That means that they are great for those sweet cravings in the middle of the night 😉.
Sure, you can't expect a real cake like one from the oven with such a low carb microwave cake recipe. It is more of an "egg cake" or a small dessert.
Nevertheless, we love the mug cake without flour and sugar because it has a light taste of coconut and chocolate, it is pretty moist and comparatively healthy. Which never hurts, even if we generally don't eat a low carb diet.
The cereal alternative in this recipe is coconut flour which behaves quite differently than standard flour. You have to pay particular attention to its powerful absorbency; therefore, in the low carb mug cake recipe, for only 1.5 tablespoons of coconut flour, you need one egg and 3-4 tablespoons of milk.
Which milk you use doesn't matter - I've made the keto mug cake with cow's milk, oat milk as well as almond milk. Instead of coconut blossom sugar (which harmonizes well with coconut flour and is still a very sustainable sweetener), xylitol, erythritol or Xucker bronxe are also suitable.
How to make the Low Carb Keto Mug Cake
Let's get started with this super easy mug cake recipe. First of all, beat the egg in a large cup with a fork. Stir in the liquid butter and milk. Then, add the dry ingredients and mix everything quickly until you get a homogeneous dough without lumps. If the mass is too firm, add a spoonful of more milk.
Super low carb chocolate cake with no sugar, flour, milk or unusual ingredients. This delicious keto chocolate cake is super easy & quick to make.
At the end, sprinkle your mug cake dough with the chocolate drops and fold in a few if you like. Cook the mug cake for about 2.5-3 minutes at 700 watts in the microwave and you're done. Enjoy your sweet, easy but low carb dessert!
Very important for the microwave cake without flour and sugar: the chocolate topping! Of course, if you want an actual low carb mug cake, you should choose a sugar-free alternative for the chocolate. For everyone else, just use the kind that tastes best to you!
Low Carb Keto Mug Cake
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon melted butter, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon xylitol, or erythritol, coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, or more
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate drops, without sugar or regular chocolate
- Beat the egg in a large cup with the help of a fork. Stir in the liquid butter and milk. Then add the dry ingredients and mix quickly until you get a homogeneous dough without lumps. If it is too firm, add a spoonful more milk.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate drops and fold in a few if desired. Cook the mug cake for about 2.5-3 minutes at 700 watts in the microwave.
- As sweeteners fit especially the slight caramel tasting Xucker bronxe and coconut blossom sugar, but alternatively also normal xylitol or erythritol
- The cooking time is very individual, so it may take a little shorter or longer. If the cake is too long in the microwave, it becomes very dry.
- Mug cakes should be eaten directly, they are not suitable for saving
For the low carb microwave cake recipe, you need a maximum of 5 minutes, including all steps. On that note, have fun recreating my gluten-free coconut flour mug cake! Feel free to check out my other low carb and glutenfree recipes, from chocolatey to fruity to vegan. For example the low carb chocolate biscuits, the gluten-free lemon cake or the vegan brownies with sweet potatoes!
Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies
Sugar-Free Protein Cookies
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Leave a Reply