Super delicious, easy chewy chocolate chip cookies. without egg. This classic and delicious recipe is better than the recipes of Subway & Co!
If you are in the mood for perfect chocolate chip cookies, you should try this recipe. My chewy chocolate cookies without eggs are deliciously soft and melt in your mouth. The classic cookies from the US are wonderfully variable. And absolutely special to us for another reason. They were the start of something big 🙂 .
Taste and Occasion
The chocolate chip cookies taste like Subway but can be pimped individually according to your preferences. They are much cheaper to boot. And: They are deliciously buttery and tender, slightly crispy on the outside and a bit "crunchy" on the inside. They are straightforward and quick to bake. It's a great recipe for kids. And they were the very first recipe on my German blog: On November 1st, 2012, I published the German post of these easy chocolate chip cookies. I remember the moment sooo well, the baking, photographing, and writing. We didn't know that many years later, we would still be working on our blog with so much passion and, by now, success. Of course, with much more experience in blogging. With two small children as test eaters. And they love these chocolate chip cookies.
The chocolate chip cookies become chewy and get their cookie-specific consistency due to a particular ingredient: Sweetened creamy condensed milk that results in a soft texture. It's also important not to leave the dough in the oven longer than necessary. The cookies should remain light in color.
Finely chopped chocolate coating and chocolate are suitable as toppings but also ready-made chocolate chunks or bake-safe chocolate drops. The latter have the advantage that they do not run in the oven. Also, from experience, it's a bit tricky to cut off even mini squares of chocolate coating without completely shattering. We dared to do it anyway 😉 .
How to make the Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these easy cookies, firstly preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Now, beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy and stir in the milk mixture. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix everything briefly but vigorously.
After this, cut the couverture or chocolate into small pieces with a large sharp knife. Alternatively, use ready-made bake-safe chocolate drops or chocolate chunks. Fold a portion into the dough. Using your hands, shape the dough into about 15-20 small balls and spread on one or two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Attention: Make sure to leave some space as cookies rise well.
Super soft cookies with no butter, egg or milk. No one will know these chocolate chip cookies are vegan!
Flatten the cookies slightly and press the remaining chocolate chips into the dough. Bake them for about 12-15 minutes, depending on size. In the end, they should still be nice, soft, and light, just lightly browned around the edges.
You can top the soft cookies with a chocolate variety. We like double chocolate chip cookies (a combination of white and milk or dark chocolate) even better. In the original post, I used more toppings.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 grams (1 cup) butter, soft
- 110 grams (⅔ cup) sugar
- 200 grams (¾ cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 320 grams (2 ⅔ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 grams (⅘ cup) chocolate coating, or drops/chunks; white and dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy. Stir in the milk mixture. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix everything briefly but vigorously.
- Cut the couverture or chocolate into small pieces with a large sharp knife; alternatively, use ready-made bake-safe chocolate drops or chocolate chunks. Fold a portion into the dough. Using your hands, shape the dough into about 15-20 small balls. Spread on one or two baking sheets lined with parchment paper; leave some space as cookies rise well.
- Flatten the cookies slightly and press the remaining chocolate chips into the dough. Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes, depending on size. They should still be nice, soft, and light, just lightly browned around the edges.
- Finely chopped chocolate or chocolate can be used as a topping, but it will run a bit during baking.
- If you want to avoid this, buy ready-made chocolate chunks like these dark chocolate chunks or white chocolate ones. Alternatively, bake-safe chocolate drops.
How about a cranberry cookie or lemon cookie, for example? Admittedly, my chocolate chip cookies aren't really healthy, but I also have a low carb version without sugar and flour. And also a vegan alternative. But honestly, uninhibited indulgence is also quite good for your health sometimes 🙂 !
Cranberry Oat Cookies
Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
Soft & Fluffy Lemon Cookies
Easy Low Carb Christmas Cookies