Easy recipe for super moist chocolate muffins with oil: you only need a few ingredients and five minutes of preparation time.
Ready in no time and absolutely delicious: these moist chocolate muffins with oil are a sensation for young and old for a reason!
Taste and Occasion
Do you suddenly crave incredible moist chocolate muffins but have only a little time and hardly any baking ingredients at home? Then I have the ideal chocolate muffins recipe for you - created out of necessity: Craving, no butter at home, stress, want-immediately-something-sweet-feeling 😉 …
The chocolate muffins do not go quite as fast as cupcakes from the microwave, but they belong in a different league: They are a real cake, a real pastry that deserves the name. You make the chocolate muffins with oil instead of butter. The recipe is quick to make: mixing the ingredients together and preparing the dough takes no more than 5 minutes; then, the whole thing needs to go into the oven for 20 minutes. The melted dark chocolate in the dough and the baking cocoa make the chocolate muffins moist and highly chocolatey.
By the way, this is also a great recipe for baking with kids or for kids. The recipe does not involve complex preparation steps except for melting the chocolate coating. The chocolate muffins are the absolute sensation at every party!
How to make the Chocolate Muffins with Oil
This is a real quick and easy recipe. So, I'd say let's begin: Melt the chocolate or chocolate coating and preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the wet ingredients and add them to the dry ingredients. Mix briefly but vigorously with the melted chocolate. It's important that you don't over-mix, so the dough doesn't get tough!
Pour dough into muffin tins and sprinkle with chocolate drops if desired. Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes. They should still be moist.
If you like, you can refine them even more. I often enrich the basic chocolate muffin recipe with chocolate drops. If you want them to be even more opulent, you can decorate them with additional frosting. The recipe makes 12 regular moist chocolate muffins or 8 "huge" ones 😉 in cupcake wrappers, as you can see in the picture.
Chocolate Muffins with Oil
- 100 grams (⅔ cup) chocolate, or chocolate coating
- 260 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 30 grams (⅓ cup) baking cocoa
- 110 grams (⅔ cup) sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs, medium
- 130 mililiter (⅔ cup) oil
- 200 mililiter (⅘ cup) milk
- Melt the chocolate or chocolate coating. Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt. Whisk the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients. Mix briefly but vigorously with the melted chocolate. Don't over-mix so the dough doesn't get tough!
- Pour dough into muffin tins and sprinkle with chocolate drops if desired. Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes. They should still be moist.
Another tip: You will find many more muffin inspirations in our cupcakes recipes category. Take a look right now!