These chewy cranberry cookies with oats taste great for the whole family! Actual power cookies that are also really quick to bake.
Today's recipe is a cookie recipe with cranberries and oatmeal that are made in a flash - and the whole family will love them! So keep on reading.
Taste and Occasion
Ok, pure fresh cranberries are perhaps not really one of the tastiest foods - but nicely packaged or rather baked (😉) in these cranberry cookies they convince all along the line! The cookies additionally consist of oatmeal, vanilla or a good pinch of salt, and taste really, really good!
At the moment is the season for the tart berries. They look incredible. For pastries, of course, I prefer using the dried alternative (which, in addition, is usually sweetened). The cranberry oatmeal cookies have a perfect consistency for me. Namely a bit soft and chewy and crunchy at the same time. Such a bit like the classic oatmeal cookies.
The Cranberry Cookies with Oatmeal recipe is an actual last-minute recipe. Except for the 30-minute chilling time of the dough, which you can even omit in a pinch, you'll only need 20 minutes. Including baking time. Sounds good? It is!
How to make the Cranberry Oat Cookies
Let's get started, cookie-fans: For the topping, soak 30g of cranberries in hot water. Now, cream the butter with both sugars, then mix in the egg and vanilla pulp well.
After that, mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder as well as salt and stir briefly but vigorously into the wet ingredients. Finally, fold in about 50g cranberries. Refrigerate dough in a tin or similar for at least 30 minutes.
It's time for preheating oven to 350°F/175°C. Then, cover a baking sheet with baking paper. Take out about 20 small portions of the dough one by one and shape them into balls with your hands. Place balls on a baking sheet, spacing them slightly apart.
These chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies are stunning - crunchy and soft at the same time! If you like, you can bake these American oatmeal cookies plain or with raisins.
In the end, bake cookies for about 8-10 minutes. They should still be a little soft! Lastly, drain the soaked cranberries very well. To decorate the cookies while still warm, top with cranberries and optional chocolate drops; press both in a little.
I recommend topping the cranberry cookies with white chocolate for an extra treat. Since I didn't have any white cinnamon drops, only light brown ones, mine look slightly different 😉.
Cranberry Oat Cookies
For the dough
- 110 grams (½ cup) butter, soft
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) white sugar
- 1 egg, large; room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) vanilla pulp
- 150 grams (1 ⅕ cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (⅖ cup) oatmeal, tender
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) salt
- 50 grams (⅖ cup) dried cranberries
- 30 grams (⅓ cup) dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chocolate drops, white or brown; optional
- For the topping, soak 30g of cranberries in hot water.
- Cream the butter with both sugars, then mix in the egg and vanilla pulp well.
- Mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder and salt. Stir briefly but vigorously into the wet ingredients. Finally, fold in (50g) cranberries. Refrigerate dough in a tin or similar for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Cover a baking sheet with baking paper. One by one, take out about 20 small portions of dough and shape them into balls with your hands. Place balls on a baking sheet, spacing them slightly apart.
- Bake cookies for about 8-10 minutes. They should still be a little soft!
- Drain the soaked cranberries very well. To decorate the cookies while still warm, top with cranberries and optional chocolate drops; press both in a little.
Well, have you got the cookie baking fever now? Of course, I still have many delicious alternatives to the cookies with cranberries and oatmeal. The vegan, high protein or low carb alternative for example. But for now, enjoy the cranberry cookies! And be sure to leave me a comment if you've tested the recipe.
Shortbread Cookies, a Scottish Classic
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy Cookies For Kids
Easy Sugar-free Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter Protein Balls (5 ingredients)
Healthy Flapjacks - Homemade Energy Bars
Crispy Bread Rolls for Kids
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Vegan Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Low Carb Protein Bars with Peanutbutter