Delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies without egg, butter and milk. Nobody will notice that these cookies are vegan.
Vegans, take note!
These chocolate chip cookies without egg, butter or milk are addictive. Whether you avoid animal ingredients in general, have an allergy, or just want to eat a little healthier every now and then. With such great pastries like these vegan chocolate chip cookies, the "renunciation" will undoubtedly be easy for you 🙂 .
Taste and Occasion
The vegan cookies with chocolate are so soft that they melt in your mouth. The brown sugar also gives them a slight caramel taste.
You cannot really say that this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies is healthy in the strict sense. But it is soooo good - and much more than a boring alternative for allergy sufferers or vegans.
Even if you are a vegetarian like us, you should definitely try this recipe.
In many normal cookies, there are often many butter, eggs, and dairy products, such as sweetened condensed milk. All ingredients that vegan cookies have to do without.
So I followed the tips from my ingredient swap to make the chewy chocolate chip cookies vegan. In this case, it's actually pretty easy. You don't need any unique ingredients like chia seeds, soy flour or egg substitute powder.
The cookies without egg, butter and milk consist only of foods you actually have at home anyway. At least as a passionate baker 😉 . In addition to flour, white and brown sugar, baking soda and Co are vegetable fat, apple or banana puree and a vegan milk alternative such as oat or soy milk. Dark chocolate drops are almost always vegan anyway.
How to make the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let's get started! Beat the soft fat with the two sugars until fluffy. Then, add fruit puree and vegan milk. Stir in all dry ingredients except the chocolate drops briefly but vigorously.
Now, set aside about two tablespoons of the chocolate chips and fold the rest into the dough. Refrigerate the dough wrapped in plastic wrap for about 15 minutes.
It's time to preheat the oven to 320°F/160°C convection. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and form about 18 balls from the dough.
These chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies are stunning - crunchy and soft at the same time! If you like, you can bake these American oatmeal cookies plain or with raisins.
After that is done, place them on the baking sheets, spacing them apart, and sprinkle with the remaining dark chocolate drops.
Finally, flatten the dough balls very slightly and bake the vegan chocolate chip cookies for about 12 minutes. In the end, they should still be soft.
If you want to bake the vegan chocolate chip cookies without margarine, you can also use coconut butter. Please note that cookies made with coconut oil require a smaller amount of fat.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 baking sheets
- 110 grams (½ cup) vegan butter , or margarine or 90g coconut oil
- 50 grams (⅓ cups) sugar
- 50 grams (4 tablespoons) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons banana puree , or applesauce
- 1 tablespoon oat milk , or soy/almond
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla pulp
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) salt
- 100 grams (⅔ cups) dark chocolate drops, vegan
- Beat the soft fat with the two sugars until fluffy. Add fruit puree and vegan milk. Stir in all dry ingredients except the chocolate drops briefly but vigorously.
- Set aside about two tablespoons of the chocolate chips; fold the rest into the dough. Refrigerate dough wrapped in plastic wrap for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C convection. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form about 18 balls from the dough. Place them on the baking sheets, spacing them apart, and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate drops.
- Flatten dough balls very slightly. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes; they should still be soft.
These delicious cookies remind me a bit of the soft and chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies - also highly recommended! If you want it healthier, check out the easy sugar-free oatmeal cookies. Feel free to leave me your feedback in the comments. And enjoy the delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies without egg, milk and butter 🙂 .
Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
Cranberry Oat Cookies
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easter Bunny Cookies