Quick, wonderfully versatile and simply delicious: these homemade healthy cereal bars are completely vegan and taste great for the whole family!
The delicious healthy granola bars that I would like to introduce to you today are crunchy, fruity and give you real power! The great thing about them is that - unlike in store-bought bars - they really only contain what you like to eat.
I have developed a delicious basic recipe for muesli bars without baking, which can be varied wonderfully.
Taste and Occasion
With homemade granola bars, you always have a little snack at home that not only fills you up, but also provides lots of good nutrients. Everyone knows the typical afternoon slump… And of course I also like to eat cake or cookies.
But when I snack on the muesli bars without industrial sugar, I really feel full of energy afterwards. Just the thing for the good resolutions at the beginning of the year, or 😉 ? So you can follow the recipe right away, I have omitted special ingredients.
My basic recipe for the vegan energy bars consists of oatmeal, nut or almond paste, seeds and sweetness, especially in the form of dates. Because these are no-bake granola bars, you'll be done in no time. You'll see: making healthy bars yourself is incredibly easy!
In our home, there are hardly any bought bars, but almost exclusively the homemade variety. Be it from my protein bars, energy bars or just these bars with oatmeal and dates.
By the way, they are also perfect healthy cereal bars for kids: our two love them! Especially because everyone gets their own version.
Because the healthy granola bar recipe without banana you can refine according to your taste. How about plums and cinnamon? Or apricots and lemon zest?
I sometimes use almond paste, sometimes peanut butter; sometimes just oatmeal goes in instead of the flake mixture, which makes the bars firmer. If it doesn't have to be vegan, the granola bars taste delicious with honey.
There is even more variety with the Nuts&Berries mixes - with cherries and mulberries, among others. Since the muesli bars do not contain egg, butter or milk, they are also suitable for allergy sufferers.
How to make the Healthy Cereal Bars
Let's get started with this simple cereal bars recipe! First if all, pour some hot water over the dates and let them soak for about 10 minutes. Then, mix the muesli mix, oat flakes and chopped nuts, almonds or seeds.
Then, puree the dates together with a little of the soaking water in a kitchen chopper or similar to a fine puree.
Now, blend sweetener and nut puree until everything is smooth. If both are too solid, simply heat briefly. Mix with the dry ingredients and the date puree. Knead everything well.
In the end, refine the granola mixture as desired (see tips). Pour everything into a small mold lined with baking paper (max. 8*12 inches/20*30 cm). Press down and leave to firm up in the refrigerator. Cut it into bars with a sharp knife and enjoy!
I often stock up on healthy snacks with them. They are wonderful to freeze and defrost quickly. Perfect to overcome the afternoon low 😉
Healthy Cereal Bars
- 120 grams (¾ cup) dates , soft or fresh
- 100 grams (½ cup) muesli mix , or 5-grain flakes
- 100 grams (1 ¼ cups) oat flakes, tender
- 60 grams (½ cup) nuts, seeds or almonds to taste
- 80 grams (½ cup) agave syrup , or honey/rice syrup
- 130 grams (1 cup) almond puree , or nut puree
- Toppings and spices see tips
- Pour some hot water over the dates and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the muesli mix, oat flakes and chopped nuts, almonds or seeds.Puree the dates together with a little of the soaking water in a kitchen chopper or similar to a fine puree.
- Blend sweetener and nut puree until smooth. If both are too solid, simply heat briefly. Mix with the dry ingredients and the date puree. Knead everything well.
- Refine the granola mixture as desired (see tips). Pour into a small mold lined with baking paper (max. 8*12 inches/20*30 cm). Press down and leave to firm up in the refrigerator. Cut into bars with a sharp knife.
- The basic recipe can be varied wonderfully. For example, dried chopped apricots, cranberries, dark chocolate, raisins, apple chips, pistachios, vanilla or cinnamon go well.
- Instead of almond paste, hazelnut paste, peanut paste, cashew paste, etc. are also suitable. Everything is very easy to make yourself according to my recipe.
- The bars keep about 1 week in the refrigerator and freeze well.
If you like these delicious cereal bars you should try the healthy flapjacks with oatmeal or the peanut butter protein balls with only five ingredients.
See you soon!
How to make Flapjacks at home
Moist Healthy Chocolate Muffins
Peanut Butter Protein Balls (Low Carb)