They are just how American brownies should be: extremely chocolaty and still slightly moist. This brownies recipe has potential to become your absolute favorite!
These are the best brownies ever!
I have tested dozens of recipes for you to get really brilliant American Brownies: super fudgy and juicy inside, very slightly crunchy on the surface, with extra melted chocolate on top!
Taste and Occasion
These classic brownies are really nice and heavy and luscious. Soulfood! And certainly not for calorie savers. Nevertheless,
I have almost halved the amount of sugar (as with Banana Bread) compared to other recipes - especially from the USA. Unbelievable! It will you with these perfect for us brownies from the sheet but lack nothing 😉 .
The brownies with cocoa are to die for. They are guaranteed to be snatched out of your hands. I speak from experience 😉 . But from the beginning: what makes the ultimate recipe for chocolate brownies? Comparing the results of my experiment, it's a combo of several factors.
1st: high quality dark chocolate, and lots of it. Brownies with just cocoa powder don't come close to these. 2: The chocolate ends up partly melted into the batter, partly chopped. A few chunks melt on the surface. 3. a mix of white and brown sugar provides the perfect texture and a slightly caramel flavor. 4. one of the most important things is the baking time - it must not be too long in any case.
It may sound complex, but it's not. With my simple recipe, you too will conjure up perfectly fudgy brownies.
Sure, everything is always a matter of taste. But as already mentioned, those with cocoa without chocolate are not an alternative to these for me. In fact, they become more like a chocolate cake, for example, the classic chocolate cake - very tasty, but nowhere near as moist, firm and fudgy inside.
How to Make the Best Homemade Brownies
Let's get straight to the recipe for these delicious chocolate brownies: First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and cover a small baking tray or rectangular baking pan (approx. 10*14/25*35 cm) with baking paper.
Now, you need to melt small chopped chocolate and butter together in a saucepan in a hot water bath. Let it cool slightly, then add oil to the chocolate-butter mixture. Beat the eggs with the white and brown sugar until everything is very foamy.
For the next step, mix flour with baking powder and cocoa. Stir the chocolate-butter mixture and dry ingredients briefly, but vigorously, into the egg cream. Add the chopped chocolate as well; save a few chunks for decoration.
Now, pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Spread the remaining chopped chocolate on top.
These chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies are stunning - crunchy and soft at the same time! If you like, you can bake these American oatmeal cookies plain or with raisins.
For the last step, bake the brownies very roughly for 20-25 minutes - baking time will depend on your oven. Do not leave the brownies in the oven too long! The batter should still be a little soft, but of course no longer jiggle back and forth inside. The brownies will firm up a bit more as they cool.
In the second attempt, I added all the melted chocolate to the batter. But it gets even better when a small part of it goes in chopped.
On the pictures you see that the American Brownies get so also small still almost liquid chocolate islands. Reminiscent of Lava Cake. My mouth is already watering again 😉
Best Homemade Brownies Recipe
- 1 mold (approx. 10*14 inches/25*35 cm)
- 6 eggs, medium-sized
- 120 grams (⅔ cups) white sugar
- 120 grams (⅔ cups) brown sugar
- 120 grams (⅔ cups) dark chocolate , finely chopped; for melting
- 250 grams (1 cups) butter
- 4 tablespoons (⅓ cups) sunflower oil , or other neutral type
- 140 grams (1 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- 100 grams (1 ¼ cups) baking cocoa
- 80 grams (½ cups) dark chocolate , chopped; for folding in
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Cover a small baking tray or rectangular baking pan (approx. 10*14 inches/25*35 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt small chopped chocolate and butter together in a saucepan in a hot water bath. Let cool slightly. Add the oil to the chocolate-butter mixture. Beat the eggs with the white and brown sugar until very foamy.
- Mix flour with baking powder and cocoa. Stir the chocolate-butter mixture and dry ingredients briefly, but vigorously, into the egg cream. Add the chopped chocolate as well; save a few chunks for decoration. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Spread remaining chopped chocolate on top.
- Bake brownies very roughly for 20-25 minutes - baking time will depend on your oven. Do not leave in the oven too long! The batter should still be a little soft, but of course no longer jiggle back and forth inside. The brownies will firm up a bit more as they cool.
And if you still prefer it healthier: Click through our collected brownie recipes - there's also vegan sweet potato brownies. You should definitely give it a try!
Cheesecake Brownies with Raspberries
The Best Glutenfree Brownies
Flourless and Fudgy Avocado Brownies
Best Cut Out Christmas Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Low Carb Brownies without Sugar
Grandma's Easy Shortbread Biscuits
The Best Wacky Cake (Chocolate Cake)
Shortbread Cookies, a Scottish Classic
Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies