With this quick and easy bread toast you are prepared for the next breakfast: The recipe is suitable for beginners and tastes delicious!
Hello there, bread-lovers! Baking your own bread toast is not difficult at all. Unlike sourdough bread, you don't need extensive baking experience or a lot of time. If you knead the dough for the bread toast at 7 o'clock in the morning, you can have breakfast at 9.30 o'clock. Just the thing for next weekend, right?
Taste and Occasion
When you search for toast recipes, you get a wide variety of instructions. Some recipes are complex, requiring pre-doughs, cooking pieces, stretching, folding, long waiting. Others are simple but include, for example, no fat at all or extra eggs. I think both alternatives are rather untypical. That's why I've developed for you a straightforward toast recipe for the loaf pan that the whole family will enjoy.
Whether you use wheat flour or you want to bake a spelt toast recipe - that doesn't really matter. The bread toast turns out wonderfully buttery and tastes lovely. Due to the short rising time, the amount of yeast is, of course, comparatively high. If that bothers you, you can use less, but then you have to plan for a longer rising time.
This easy bread toast with yeast is made quickly and turns out nice and fluffy. Perfect for breakfast or dinner, with sweet and savory toppings. For us, it's definitely the best toast recipe: kind of a mix of my white loaf bread and the braided bread. If the result should taste slightly sweet and should be served as a foundation for jam or honey, I use 1-2 tablespoons of sugar for the toast baking recipe. The toast becomes "more neutral" if you take about 1.5 teaspoons of sugar and salt.
The basic recipe for making toast bread yourself is with dry yeast. Of course, the yeast dough also works with fresh yeast. If you want to bake spelt toast, use light-colored Type 630. If you want the toast to be vegan, replace the butter with margarine and the milk with a vegetable alternative.
How to make the Bread Toast
Let's get started with this easy bread toast recipe: First of all, mix flour with dry yeast. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough separates from the edge. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-60 minutes. Now, butter a long loaf pan (12 in/ 30 cm) and dust with a bit of flour. Knead the dough again. Divide into 6-8 portions and form into balls. Place these balls one after the other in the form, cover again and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
A simple recipe for baby bread or baby buns full of healthy ingredients. The baby buns are a perfect snack in between meals, for breakfast or dinner.
Now it is time for preheating the oven to 360°F/180°C. Place a heatproof dish with water on the bottom of the oven and brush the surface of the bread with a bit of water or milk. Bake toast for about 25 minutes. Easy, quick, tasty - enjoy your own bread toast!
By the way: Toast is not only delicious on its own. It also makes a lovely base for some desserts.
- 1 Loaf Pan (12 in/ 30 cm)
- 600 grams (4 ½ cups) flour, type 405 or 550
- 1 sachet dry yeast, or ½ cube of fresh yeast
- 75 grams (⅓ cup) butter, soft
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or more
- 250 milliliters (1 cup) milk, lukewarm
- 50 milliliters (3 ⅖ tablespoons) water, lukewarm
- Mix flour with dry yeast. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough separates from the edge. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-60 minutes.
- Butter a long loaf pan (12 in/ 30 cm) and dust with a bit of flour. Knead the dough again. Divide into 6-8 portions and form into balls. Place these balls one after the other in the form. Cover again and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 360°F/180°C. Place a heatproof dish with water on the bottom of the oven. Brush the surface of the bread with a bit of water or milk. Bake toast for about 25 minutes.
- If you use fresh yeast, you will need a pre-dough.
- The amount of salt and sugar can be increased if you want the bread to be more salty or sweet.
- If you have more time for the dough to rise, you can reduce the amount of yeast.
- The bread remains relatively light. It tastes good freshly toasted but can also be wonderfully frozen in slices.
Have you now got the motivation to bake bread? Then you can start with this toast and then dive deeper and deeper into the world of bread baking. In my category "bread" you will find lots of recipes - from easy to more elaborate with many different alternatives. For example the Italian ciabatta bread, or a gluten-free alternative. The homemade, Indian naan bread tastes incredible, too!
German Christmas Stollen (Christstollen)
Easy Sourdough Peasant Bread
Homemade Italian Ciabatta Bread
Leave a Reply