Great recipe for easy low carb Christmas cookies without flour and sugar - super easy, quick and low-carb.
Hi all! Christmas cookies to cut out: These delicious almond cookies are suitable for gluten-free, low-carb and ketogenic diets.
Taste and Occasion
Today I have a great basic recipe for low carb Christmas cookies for you. The cookies without flour and sugar are not only straightforward to bake; you don't need any "exotic" ingredients like potato fiber or guar gum for them.
Anyone on a gluten-free or low-carb diet should be delighted with low-calorie low carb cookies. Sure, they taste a little different than traditional cookies. Still, the ketogenic cookies are more than just a bland substitute: flavorful, buttery, tender and delicious!
My "3-ingredient crackers" served as the template for the basic low carb cookie recipe. However, while these consist only of ground almonds, a little butter and egg, a sweetener is added for the cookies, of course. I recommend a mixture of xylitol and erythritol. There are now both in the regular supermarket and of course online. The mix results in a balanced, pleasant sweetness.
Of course, you can also use only with xylitol or only erythritol for the sugar-free cookies without flour. However, the latter (alone) results in a somewhat cool aftertaste; some people do not tolerate xylitol in larger quantities.
No matter which sweetener you choose: Make it a little finer in the kitchen chopper beforehand. Or choose directly powdered sugar, etc.. I have the low carb cookie dough sweetened rather subtly. So the flavor of the almond cookies without flour comes out best. Those who like everything sweet still take a little more xylitol/erythritol for the keto cookies recipe.
How to make Easy Low Carb Christmas Cookies
Let's begin with this easy recipe. Firstly, knead all ingredients for the dough together. Xylitol and erythritol should be rather powdery or at least finely ground. Now, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
It's time to preheat the oven to 350°F/175!C. Roll out dough between two layers of foil or on a baking mat sprinkled with almonds. Cut out shapes. Then place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake lastly for about 10 minutes.
If you like, you can refine the dough with vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa or similar.
Easy Low Carb Christmas Cookies
- 300 grams almonds, ground and blanched
- 1 egg, large
- 60 grams butter, soft
- 40 grams xylitol, very finely ground
- 40 grams erythritol, of very finely ground, e.g. powdered sugar
- Knead all ingredients for the dough together. Xylitol and erythritol should be rather powdery or at least finely ground.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175!C. Roll out dough between two layers of foil or on a baking mat sprinkled with almonds. Cut out shapes. Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes.
- If you like, you can refine the dough with vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa or similar.
- For decoration, powdered sugar from erythritol is suitable, alternatively a glaze of powdered erythritol and a little lemon juice. For decoration, sprinkle chopped nuts, almonds, pistachios or similar.
Because these are supposed to be low carb Christmas cookies, there is no classic icing with colorful sprinkles on them. I left some plain, spread others with a sugar-free icing, dusted some with powdered sugar. To keep the cookies low carb, you can decorate them with chopped pistachios, nuts or cocoa nibs.
How to make Marzipan at home
Fruit Ice Cream (Basic Recipe)
Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies