Moist and gluten-free nut cookies without flour and sugar. So delicious that no one will notice that they are low carb!
What a treat! These gluten-free nut cookies are super moist and flavorful - and that's although they don't use the standard high-carb ingredients.
Taste and Occasion
In our family, my husband is the specialist for the moist, crispy nut cookies 😉. He was immediately impressed by my very first low carb nut cookie recipe. Would you like to try the alternative? Whether you want to eat a little healthier or just want to reduce your sugar consumption a little - you won't regret it.
You can't exactly say they're super healthy, but they are super tasty! And, of course, extremely low in carbohydrates. Unlike the classic, you make the nut rolls without sugar and flour. But you definitely won't notice that.
The low carb nut cookies are based on a kneaded dough with regular cereal and sweetener. Apart from that, however, it is easy to make nut cookies low carb - because the other main ingredients – nuts and butter – are extremely low in carbohydrates anyway. So the difference from the traditional recipe is mainly replacing the sugar with alternatives and the wheat flour with almonds or almond flour.
Also, this time I made the topping of the nut cookies without sugar, mainly from ground hazelnuts and almonds, not chopped (as in the regular recipe). But that is a matter of taste. The preparation of the low carb nut cookies is super easy. You only need a few special ingredients. But they are now not so unique and available in every major supermarket.
First up is de-oiled almond flour – this is not the same as ground almonds. You also need a sugar-free sweetener like Xylitol or Erythritol or Xucker bronxe. Preferably both. Because the combination results in a particularly harmonious taste and the right consistency. You may also want to buy sugar-free chocolate, although a regular dark version with a very high cocoa content also fits nicely into the low carb nut cookie recipe.
How to make the Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies
Let's get started with this tasty Nut Cookies! First of all, preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Now, knead all the ingredients for the base together. Grease a 8*10 in/ 20*25 cm baking pan or cover with baking paper. If you want the nut pastries to be rather flat, use a 10*10 in/ 25*25 cm pan.
Then, warm the jam slightly and spread it thinly on the base. Put butter with sweetener, water and syrup in a small saucepan and heat while stirring. The mixture should not simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the ground as well as chopped nuts and almonds until well blended.
It's time to spread the nut mixture on the bottom and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cover towards the end if it'snecessary. Let the nut cookies cool completely before cutting, as they will be pretty soft at the beginning. Then cut into triangles and dip the cookies in melted chocolate as desired. Enjoy!
The nut corners turn out best if you use a mixture of xylitol and erythritol for both the dough and the topping. And another tip: If you like it a bit more crunchy, you can increase the amount of chopped almonds or nuts and use less ground ones accordingly.
Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies
For the dough
- 120 grams (1 cup) almond flour, de-oiled
- 40 grams (½ cup) ground almonds
- 80 grams (⅓ cup) butter, small and in pieces
- 80 grams (⅓ cup) xylitol, and/or erythritol
- 1 egg, large, or 2 small ones
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
For the topping
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) apricot jam, without sugar
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) Xucker bronxe, or xylitol/erythritol
- 30 grams (2 ⅓ tablespoons) sugar-free vanilla syrup, optional
- 120 grams (1 cup) ground almonds
- 120 grams (1 cup) ground hazelnuts
- 20 grams (2 tablespoons) chopped almonds
- 20 grams (2 tablespoons) chopped hazelnuts
- 80 grams (½ cups) dark chocolate, without sugar
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Knead all the ingredients for the base together. Grease a 8*10 in/ 20*25 cm baking pan or cover with baking paper. If you want the nut pastries to be rather flat, use a 10*10 in/ 25*25 cm pan. Warm the jam slightly and spread it thinly on the base.
- Put butter with sweetener, water and syrup in a small saucepan and heat while stirring. The mixture should not simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in the ground as well as chopped nuts and almonds until well blended.
- Spread nut mixture on the bottom and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cover towards the end if necessary. Let the nut cookies cool completely before cutting, as they will be pretty soft at the beginning. Then cut into triangles and dip the cookies in melted chocolate as desired.
Well, did the pictures make you want to bake delicious gluten-free nut cookies without flour and sugar? Then get to work in the oven! Other low-carb treats that I would also like to recommend to you are the keto mug cake, the onion cake and the banana bread.
Low-Fat Moist Carrot Cake
Easy Low Carb Christmas Cookies
Healthy Homemade Nutella
Vegan Carrot Cake without Eggs & Milk
Low-Fat Sugar-Free Lemon Cake
Keto Chocolate Cake with Frosting
Peanut Butter Protein Balls (5 ingredients)
Easy Biscuit Recipe with only three Ingredients
The Best Protein Bars
Moist flourless chocolate cake