Fancy a delicious, low-carb apple cake, that is quick to make? This one is gluten-free, moist & made with only four ingredients!
Hello, apple-lovers! Today's recipe is an apple cake with only 4 ingredients, excluding flour and sugar. The cake is the perfect choice for anyone looking for an easy and delicious low-carb apple cake.
Taste and Occasion
This apple cake recipe is gluten-free - and if you replace the (regular) sugar with a sweetener alternative, it's sugar-free, too. My low-carb flourless apple cake is based on a fluffy egg mixture with ground almonds. So the consistency is also a bit different than a sponge cake.
And since it's a gluten-free apple cake, it's also a bit more "crumbly" instead of homogeneous. But that doesn't detract from the great taste at all!
Since I love quick and easy baking recipes with few ingredients, this is one of my favorites, as we just use four: almonds, sweetener, eggs, and - of course - apples. That's it!
How to make the Quick Low Carb Apple Cake
First things first: Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/ 20 cm). Sprinkle it with almonds, and line it with baking paper. Now, wash and peel the apple and cut it into tiny cubes.
It's time to separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with completely fat-free, clean whisks until stiff, adding 50 grams of the xylitol.
In a second bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining xylitol for a few minutes until light and creamy. Stir the almonds briefly into the egg cream. Then, gradually fold in the beaten egg whites carefully and thoroughly, but gently. Like sponge dough, you should no longer stir vigorously but rather fold in with a whisk or dough scraper. Fold in apple pieces and the finishing ingredients to taste.
Lastly, pour the dough into the pan and smooth it down. Sprinkle with almond slivers if desired. Bake your low-carb apple cake for about 35 minutes and let cool before cutting.
To succeed, it's important to whip the beaten egg whites very stiff and the egg yolk xylitol mixture nice and fluffy.
Mallorca on a plate: you only need three ingredients for this moist, fluffy cake!
And gently mix everything together at the end. The air of the beaten egg whites must not give way. Nevertheless, you have to mix the ingredients into a homogeneous dough, of course.
To sweeten the cake, I used the sugar substitute xylitol. You can also use erythritol if you don't mind the slightly cool aftertaste or regular sugar.
Quick Low Carb Apple Cake
- small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/ 20 cm)
For the cake
- 5 eggs, medium
- 100 grams (½ cup) xylitol, or erythritol
- 200 grams (1 ¾ cups) ground almonds, blanched
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) apples
Optional to refine
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or butter (for an even moister cake)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 40 grams (½ cup) almond slivers, as decoration on the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/ 20 cm), sprinkle with almonds, and line with baking paper. Wash and peel the apple and cut it into tiny cubes.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with completely fat-free, clean whisks until stiff, adding 50 grams of the xylitol towards the end. In a second bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining xylitol for a few minutes until light and creamy.
- Stir the almonds briefly into the egg cream. Gradually fold in the beaten egg whites carefully and thoroughly, but gently. Like sponge dough, you should no longer stir vigorously but rather fold in with a whisk or dough scraper. Fold in apple pieces (and finishing ingredients to taste).
- Pour the dough into the pan and smooth it down. Sprinkle with almond slivers if desired. Bake cake for about 35 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
You can easily modify the low-carb apple cake recipe. Do you like cinnamon? Then just add some cinnamon powder to the dough. Add a small amount of lemon juice or lemon zest for a fresh touch. A few drops of bitter almond oil will create a marzipan-like note. A bit of melted coconut oil or butter makes the apple cake even moister.
Maybe my sugar-free apple cake appeals to you directly. If not - I would, of course, have a few other suggestions 😉 . Check out all my healthier apple cake recipes, including, among others, a vegan apple pie without sugar, sugar substitute and egg or a low fat apple cake.
Low Carb Waffles with Ground Almonds
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy Low Carb Christmas Cookies
Sponge Cake Basic Recipe
Homemade Apple Strudel (Apfelstrudel)
Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies
Easy & Moist Coconut Macaroons