Would you like a moist, flourless chocolate cake that is so incredibly chocolatey, soft and sinful that it can also be used as a dessert? A kind of chocolate cake with an almost liquid core that melts on the tongue and can also be prepared really quickly? Then I have something for you 😉 !
The flourless, nut-free chocolate cake recipe contains ground almonds as the only "dry" ingredient in addition to the sweetener, which ensures a wonderful consistency. Perhaps you already know my simple chocolate cake recipe for the box pan, which is quite similar, but also contains flour and is, therefore, more comfortable to cut into cake slices or pieces.
The cake recipe in this post, on the other hand, is better suited for springform pans; besides, one should not serve the cake as finger food, but rather be utterly civilized with plate and fork or spoon 😉 ... Your guests will be thrilled! And you too! The idea for this particular cake was born when I came across a recipe for French chocolate cake (gâteau au chocolat). I baked it with a lot of changes. And that was the result, shortly before the cuddly toys of our little son struck (yes, yeah...) and soon no piece was left:
The inspiration for "my" French chocolate cake with almonds comes from Melissa von Gourmandises végétariennes, who received it from a Parisian family. But I reduced the amount of sugar in her recipe again and took other sugars, which in my opinion further improved the taste, added some baking cocoa and more salt.
A gluten-free flourless chocolate cake, which is reminiscent of brownies.
Incredibly delicious classic: this fluffy bee sting made from yeast dough is filled with a custard cream, but it also tastes great without the filling as an especially quick alternative.
This absolutely delicious chocolate cake always reminds me of delicious brownies - although it's not "crunchy" or fudgy, it's incredibly moist, soft, and moist inside. If you leave it a little shorter than me in the oven, you even have a kind of chocolate cake with a liquid core. I hope I don't need more arguments to convince all chocolate fans among you. But I still have one thing: Because the chocolate cake is gluten-free, friends/colleagues/ family members who suffer from gluten intolerance or celiac disease can also enjoy it.
As the chocolate cake does not require flour or milk, it is also tolerated by people allergic to cow's milk if the butter is replaced by (slightly less) coconut oil or ghee. With a sugar substitute in the form of xylitol or erythritol and (sugar-free) dark chocolate, it will even become a delicious, juicy low carb chocolate cake without flour. So: Bake it loose 🙂 !
I'm looking forward to your feedback.
Flourless Chocolate cake
- 200 grams (1 cup) butter
- 200 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate , chopped
- 4 eggs
- 80 grams (½ cup) sugar
- 80 grams (½ cup) whole cane sugar, or brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 200 grams (2 cups) ground almonds
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Melt the butter with the chopped chocolate chips in a hot water bath or in a pot at low heat. Stir it from time to time.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Grease the small springform pan and dust with a little cocoa.
- Beat the eggs with the two sugars, vanilla, and salt until slightly foamy. Stir in the almonds with baking powder and cocoa alternating with the liquid butter-chocolate mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cake for approx. 30-35 minutes and let it stand in the switched-off oven for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes before slicing. You can also leave the cake in the fridge overnight.
Gluten-Free Lemon Cake with Almonds - delicious and moist
Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Frosting
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Easy Chocolate Sheet Cake
Zebra cake with cream instead of butter
Easy Chocolate Loaf Cake with Glaze
Dark Chocolate Spice Cake
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
The Best Wacky Cake (Chocolate Cake)
Low-Fat Sugar-Free Lemon Cake
Easy Biscuit Recipe with only three Ingredients
The Best Homemade Brownies Recipe
Easy Chocolate Yogurt Cake