Would you like a moist, flourless chocolate cake that is so incredibly chocolatey, soft and sinful that it can also be used as a dessert? A kind of chocolate cake with an almost liquid core that melts on the tongue and can also be prepared really quickly? Then I have something for you 😉 !
The flourless, nut-free chocolate cake recipe contains ground almonds as the only "dry" ingredient in addition to the sweetener, which ensures a wonderful consistency. Perhaps you already know my simple chocolate cake recipe for the box pan, which is quite similar, but also contains flour and is, therefore, more comfortable to cut into cake slices or pieces.
The cake recipe in this post, on the other hand, is better suited for springform pans; besides, one should not serve the cake as finger food, but rather be utterly civilized with plate and fork or spoon 😉 ... Your guests will be thrilled! And you too! The idea for this particular cake was born when I came across a recipe for French chocolate cake (gâteau au chocolat). I baked it with a lot of changes. And that was the result, shortly before the cuddly toys of our little son struck (yes, yeah...) and soon no piece was left:
My favorite recipe for a moist chocolate cake that always hits the spot. Almonds and chocolate shavings make this easy chocolate cake especially fine.
The inspiration for "my" French chocolate cake with almonds comes from Melissa von Gourmandises végétariennes, who received it from a Parisian family. But I reduced the amount of sugar in her recipe again and took other sugars, which in my opinion further improved the taste, added some baking cocoa and more salt.
A gluten-free flourless chocolate cake, which is reminiscent of brownies.
This absolutely delicious chocolate cake always reminds me of delicious brownies - although it's not "crunchy" or fudgy, it's incredibly moist, soft, and moist inside. If you leave it a little shorter than me in the oven, you even have a kind of chocolate cake with a liquid core. I hope I don't need more arguments to convince all chocolate fans among you. But I still have one thing: Because the chocolate cake is gluten-free, friends/colleagues/ family members who suffer from gluten intolerance or celiac disease can also enjoy it.
As the chocolate cake does not require flour or milk, it is also tolerated by people allergic to cow's milk if the butter is replaced by (slightly less) coconut oil or ghee. With a sugar substitute in the form of xylitol or erythritol and (sugar-free) dark chocolate, it will even become a delicious, juicy low carb chocolate cake without flour. So: Bake it loose 🙂 !
I'm looking forward to your feedback.
Flourless Chocolate cake
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 4 eggs
- 80 grams sugar
- 80 grams whole cane sugar or brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking cocoa
- Melt the butter with the chopped chocolate chips in a hot water bath or in a pot at low heat. Stir it from time to time.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Grease the small springform pan and dust with a little cocoa.
- Beat the eggs with the two sugars, vanilla, and salt until slightly foamy. Stir in the almonds with baking powder and cocoa alternating with the liquid butter-chocolate mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cake for approx. 30-35 minutes and let it stand in the switched-off oven for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes before slicing. You can also leave the cake in the fridge overnight.
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!