Wonderfully moist, quick and easy chocolate sheet cake with icing. This is the best chocolate sheet cake for any occasion.
Hey there! This is an absolute favorite recipe for the whole family.
The quick chocolate cake sheet cake with buttermilk and cocoa is easy and just delicious!
Taste and Occasion
This quick chocolate cake from the baking sheet is not only a genuine all-rounder but, for us currently, also the best chocolate sheet cake ever!
Super moist, fluffy and super easy. The perfect pastry for children's birthdays, parties, coffee get-togethers and Co!
The cake is easy to prepare and stays fresh for two days. But experience shows that the risk of eating the cake in the meantime or nibble every now and then is very large 😉 .
The recipe is as simple as it is good. The cake ist a regular sponge cake with absolute basic ingredients. Although it tastes extremely chocolaty, there is admittedly no chocolate in it 😉 . If you take it exactly, it is namely a cocoa buttermilk cake.
After less than half an hour, the chocolate cake comes out of the oven moist and wonderfully fragrant - and then only needs to be covered with chocolate icing or melted chocolate coating.
And, of course, lots of colorful sugar sprinkles. These not only result in the moist chocolate sheet cake with cocoa looking pretty. Their crunchy consistency is also an excellent contrast to the fluffy sponge.
How to make the Easy Chocolate Sheet Cake
Let's get started with this chocolatey dream!
First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. After this, cover a baking sheet with baking paper or grease and dust with flour.
Now, beat the soft butter with the (brown) sugar until fluffy and beat in eggs one at a time until well blended. Then, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into the egg mixture briefly but vigorously, alternating with the buttermilk.
It's time to spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it out. Bake for about 35 minutes and you're basically done.
You only have to let the cake cool and spread it with chocolate icing or coating as well as decorate with sprinkles. Enjoy!
The cream instead of butter in the dough makes the cake particularly light, fluffy, and airy. The recipe is also suitable for lemon cakes, marble cakes, and Co.
The buttermilk, in combination with the soda, makes the dough really fluffy and airy. So please do not replace it with regular milk and only baking powder!
Easy Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Baking Sheet
For the dough
- 250 grams (1 cup) butter, soft
- 220 grams (1 cups) brown sugar
- 3 eggs, medium
- 450 grams (3 ½ cups) wheat flour
- 60 grams (¾ cup) baking cocoa
- 8 grams (¾ tablespoon) baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 400 milliliters (1 ¾ cups) buttermilk
- 200 grams (1 cup) chocolate icing
- Sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Cover a baking sheet with baking paper or grease and dust with flour. Beat the soft butter with the (brown) sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into the egg mixture briefly but vigorously, alternating with the buttermilk. Spread dough on the baking sheet and smooth out. Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool. Spread with chocolate icing or chocolate coating and decorate with sprinkles.
So, even if you already have a favorite, you should give the easy chocolate sheet cake with icing a try. It might just become your new favorite 🙂 .
Soft and Fluffy Lemon Cookies
Easy Chocolate Cherry Sheet Cake
Colorful Rainbow Sheet Cake (Parrot Cake)
Easy Chocolate Yogurt Cake
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
The Best Wacky Cake (Chocolate Cake)
Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake
Easy Basic Pancakes (with Tips)
German Butter Cake with Almond Topping
Easy and Quick Summer Fruit Cake