This sugarfree chocolate nut cake is not only low carb, but also incredibly delicious. Moist, lush, made in a flash!
Great pleasure, fewer carbohydrates: this sugarfree chocolate nut cake definitely does not taste like giving up at all!
Taste and Occasion
You really don't notice that this chocolate nut cake is sugarfree. It tastes super moist, chocolaty, and luscious - even though it contains few carbohydrates. Another advantage: Since it can be wonderfully frozen in pieces, you can also bake the low carb chocolate nut cake well in stock.
Whereby this tip only works in theory … Because the nut chocolate cake without sugar is so quickly snacked, that you couldn't freeze large parts of it, actually 😉 .
This alternative also consists of a regular cake batter, just like a classic chocolate nut cake. Many ingredients are accordingly similar - including butter, eggs, and nuts. The choice of sweetness and flour makes the result a low-carb chocolate hazelnut cake. Although the recipe includes some spelt flour, the result is low in carbs. It's only 50 grams of spelt flour in total; add ground nuts and a tablespoon of coconut flour for the right consistency. Theoretically, you can also replace the cereal completely with low carb alternatives. In that case, the recipe is even gluten-free. However, I like my option even better in terms of taste and consistency.
The recipe is wonderfully suitable for diabetics. The chocolate part of the cake is chopped sugarfree (dark) chocolate. (I chose a xylitol alternative to calculate the nutritional values.) Whether you can say overall that the chocolate nut cake is healthy, as always, everyone must decide for themselves. Depends on the nutrition and point of view ;-).
How to make the Sugarfree Chocolate Nut Cake
This chocolate nut cake is made in a rush, so let's start. First step: Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C, grease a loaf pan (approx. 9.5 in / 24 cm), and dust with flour. Now, beat the soft butter with the sweetener until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well each time.
Soft, summer lemon cookies: These lemon cookies literally melt in your mouth! A great treat for the whole year.
Then, mix all ingredients except the chocolate and stir in briefly but vigorously. Finally, fold in the chopped chocolate and bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes. After that baking time, test the consistency with a chopstick. Let your cake cool and turn out. Cover it with (sugarfree) chocolate coating and sprinkle with nut shavings, if you like.
To keep the recipe sugarfree, the chocolate nut cake is sweetened with erythritol or xylitol. Both are so-called sugar alcohols, which I use in many low carb recipes. The calorie-free erythritol, for example, has carbohydrates, but these can not be utilized in your body and are therefore not credited.
Sugarfree Chocolate Nut Cake
- 1 Small Loaf Pan
For the cake
- 100 grams (⅖ cup) butter, soft
- 110 grams (⅔ cup) erythritol, or xylitol
- 5 eggs, medium
- 100 grams (1 cup) ground hazelnuts
- 50 grams (7 tablespoons) spelt flour, type 630
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 grams (4 tablespoons) dark chocolate, without sugar
For the optional decoration
- 100 grams (⅔ cups) dark chocolate, without sugar, if desired
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut kernels, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C. Grease a loaf pan (approx. 9.5 in / 24 cm) and dust with flour. Beat the soft butter with the sweetener until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well each time.
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate and stir in briefly but vigorously. Finally, fold in the chopped chocolate. Bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes. Test with a chopstick. Let it cool and turn out. Cover with (sugarfree) chocolate coating and sprinkle with nut shavings, if desired.
If you are on a low-carb or sugarfree diet, check out my many other healthy recipes. Among them are those completely without added sweeteners and other xylitol cakes such as brownies, cheesecake or apple pie. Now have fun re-baking this cake!
Easy Vegan Nut Cake
Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies
Moist flourless chocolate cake
Grandma's Easy Shortbread Biscuits