Fancy a moist cake with chocolate and cherries? This chocolate cherry sheet cake is easy and tastes delicious: chocolatey and fruity!
Attention, cake-lovers! Slightly tart dark chocolate and fruity sweet cherries: The ingredients in this easy chocolate cherry sheet cake are an excellent combination!
What else is in favor of the cake? You can bake this simple chocolate cake with cherries very quickly in the oven in just 10 minutes – so it is also an actual last-minute recipe for spontaneous visitors!
Taste and Occasion
By the way, this easy chocolate cherry sheet cake is not only delicious in summer. Of course, the cake tastes especially good with fresh cherries. But out of season - or if you want to make it especially quickly - you can also use drained cherries from a jar or frozen fruits.
As you may have noticed, this recipe is a variation of my easy and quick summer fruit cake. The ratio of the primary ingredients is similar. It's just a cake with cherries and chocolate, the latter in the form of some melted dark chocolate as well as baking cocoa.
I admit it: I usually make a cherry chocolate cake with cherries from a jar for convenience. My grandma, on the other hand, owns a special cherry corer, in addition to many cherry trees 😉 You just put the fruit in the top and core it by pressing. Very practical.
Except somehow there are too many theoretically helpful kitchen gadgets and not enough usable space in our cupboards. You know what I mean….
How to make the Chocolate Cherry Sheet Cake
First things first: Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Then, grease the baking sheet and dust it with flour or cover with baking paper.
After this, wash and pit the cherries or, if from a jar, drain them. Next, beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy. Stir the eggs one by one into the egg mixture.
Mix flour with nuts, cocoa and baking powder. Add to the dough alternately with the melted chocolate and milk. Stir vigorously, but no longer too long.
This moist chocolate cake from the baking sheet always hits the spot! The perfect chocolate sheet cake for kids' birthdays, parties and Co - quick and easy to make, super delicious.
Then, it's time to spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it out. Spread cherries on top. Bake the cake for about 20-25 minutes and enjoy your delicious, easy chocolate cherry sheet cake!
If you want to make my easy chocolate cherry cake in a springform pan, use about half the ingredients. To be on the safe side, baking more in stock definitely doesn't hurt with this recipe, though 😉 .
Easy Chocolate Cherry Sheet Cake
- Baking Sheet
- 250 grams (1 cup) butter, soft
- 160 grams (¾ cup) sugar
- 5 eggs, medium
- 300 grams (2 ½ cups) wheat flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) hazelnuts ground, or almonds
- 40 grams (½ cup) baking cocoa
- 16 grams (1 ⅓ tablespoons) baking powder
- 100 grams (⅔ cup) dark chocolate, melted
- 150 milliliters (⅔ cup) milk, or coffee or cherry juice
- 500 grams (3 ⅔ cups) cherries, fresh or drained
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Grease the baking sheet and dust with flour or cover with baking paper. Wash and pit the cherries or, if from a jar, drain them.
- Beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy. Stir the eggs one by one into the egg mixture. Mix flour with nuts, cocoa and baking powder. Add to the dough alternately with the melted chocolate and milk. Stir vigorously, but no longer too long.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it out. Spread cherries on top. Bake the cake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Instead of the classic milk in the batter, you can also use (cooled) coffee or cherry juice for this alternative.
- And if you don't have or don't like cherries at the moment, you can make the chocolate sheet cake with currants, blueberries or apricots.
If you're a real cherry fan like I am, you will love my Homemade Cherry Cake with Crumbles, too! Or what about this "cherrylicious" Easy & Moist Cherry Cake with Nuts? And if you want not only something chocolatey and fruity but also something deliciously creamy, this Black Forest Cake is the perfect recipe for you.
Homemade Cherry Cake with Crumbles
Low Carb Cheesecake without Sugar
Easy and Quick Summer Fruit Cake
Black Forest Cake