Delicious lemon coconut cake with yogurt that always hits the spot. It is super quick to make and wonderfully moist. Keeps for several days.
Sweet, sour, moist - this delicious coconut lemon cake is an incredible combination! And: it still tastes great after a few days.
Taste and Occasion
This cake will get you in a good mood! On the one hand, you always associate the refreshing citrus fruits with summer and sunshine somehow. On the other hand, it tastes just absolutely heavenly. Especially very moist. And that's what I love about pastries in general.
Actually, it is a lemon yogurt coconut cake. Something like a Caribbean-inspired mix of a classic lemon yogurt cake and my lemon sheet cake. The recipe for the coconut yogurt cake is easy. The foundation is a quick sponge cake with oil. Because freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated lemon zest are part of the recipe, the result is lovely and fruity. Coconut flakes, coconut oil and coconut yogurt result in an exciting flavor contrast. A cake that tastes like vacation.
Instead of coconut yogurt, you can use regular plain yogurt or a lemon version. I baked the moist lemon yogurt coconut cake in a small springform pan. You can easily adjust the amount of ingredients to fit your pan size.
How to make the Lemon Coconut Yogurt Cake
Let's get started with this delicious lemon cake recipe. First things first: Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C, grease a small springform pan (about 7-8 in/ 18-20 cm diameter) and dust with flour.
This fruity cake with no sugar or butter is moist and just slightly sweet with a subtle taste of coconut. An excellent pastry for babies, toddlers and anyone who likes to enjoy healthy and natural.
Then, beat the eggs with sugar until foamy and stir in oil and yogurt. Then, add lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix the flour with baking powder as well as coconut flakes and stir in briefly. In the end, pour the dough into the prepared pan, smooth out and bake it for about 35-40 minutes.
The topping - in this case just cream cheese with a bit of powdered sugar and lemon juice - is optional. But it makes the lemon yogurt coconut cake even more special than it already is.
Lemon Coconut Yogurt Cake
- 1 springform pan (7 in/18 cm)
- 2 eggs, medium
- 100 grams (½ cup) sugar
- 50 grams (3 ½ tablespoons) coconut oil, or sunflower oil
- 100 grams (5 tablespoons) coconut yogurt
- 40 milliliters (2 ¾ tablespoons) lemon juice
- 120 grams (1 cups) all-purpose flour
- 30 grams (⅓ cup) coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small springform pan (about 7-8 in/ 18-20 cm diameter) and dust with flour.
- Beat eggs with sugar until foamy. Stir in oil and yogurt. Then add lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix flour with baking powder and coconut flakes and stir in briefly.
- Pour dough into the prepared pan, smooth out and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- For the optional frosting, mix about 100 grams of cream cheese with 2-3 spoons of sifted powdered sugar and a dash of lemon juice until smooth. An easy lemon sugar frosting will also fit instead.
- Fresh lemon zest and coconut flakes are suitable as decoration.
You can (theoretically) keep the cake for two or three days and it will still taste fresh. But let's be honest, when we have a treat like the lemon coconut yogurt cake at home, it is gone in no time. But this is also a great excuse to try some of my other yummy lemon cake recipes - from the lemon sheet cake and the poppy seed lemon cake to the low-fat sugar-free lemon cake, the lemon cookies and the tarte au citron.
Leave a Reply