Delicious, easy pear muffins with crumbles. This recipe is quickly made, moist & crispy - so best to bake right away!
These quick pear crumble muffins taste not only in autumn - moist, fluffy, and crispy at the same time due to the topping!
Taste and Occasion
Pear muffins are worth a baking session. Because even though the fruit is so often dwarfed by apples, they result in a great flavor - at least when they're nice and ripe. To become an exciting consistency, I made this pear crumble muffins recipe for you. The combination of moist, fluffy dough and buttery, crunchy topping always works. So today, we have a quick fall recipe that combines both.
The pear yogurt muffins taste super aromatic because I add brown sugar and cinnamon. Be sure to use really ripe fruits. In my muffin guide, you will find many tips on modifying my recipes. Whether you make the pear muffins with oil or liquid butter doesn't really matter. You can replace the yogurt with other sour dairy products like buttermilk or curd.
The highlights of the pear cinnamon muffins are, of course, the crumbles. Here you can use quite "normal" ones. Or something more extravagant: I made a muesli topping to give the pear muffins with crumbles even more crunch and some bite.
How to make the Pear Muffins
In the beginning, preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. For the crumble, knead all ingredients together: First with the dough hooks, then with your fingers, and after this: Refrigerate. Peel and core the pears and cut them into small cubes.
Soft, summer lemon cookies: These lemon cookies literally melt in your mouth! A great treat for the whole year.
Continue with mixing the dry ingredients for the muffin batter. In a second bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients and add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix everything together briefly (!) but vigorously. Fold three-quarters of the pear pieces into the dough and fill the dough into paper or silicone molds. Placing them on a muffin tray is best. Spread the remaining pear pieces, crumble on top, and press lightly into the dough. In the end, bake the muffins for about 22 minutes.
In addition to classic ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter, you can add a colorful mix of granola or a mix of oatmeal, seeds, and nuts that you make yourself. Just as you like it. Since the fruit does not have a dominant flavor, baking with pears requires a bit of pep 🙂 .
For the dough
- 250 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) cinnamon
- 100 grams (½ cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 90 milliliters (6 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- 220 grams (1 cup) yogurt, or buttermilk
- 2 pears, small ones, approx. 200-250g pulp
For the crumble
- 40 grams (⅓ cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (⅔ cup) muesli mix, or oat flakes & seeds
- 50 grams (⅓ cup) sugar, or more
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) cinnamon
- 60 grams (⅓ cup) butter, soft
- Preheat oven to 360°F/180°C. For the crumble, knead all ingredients together - first with the dough hooks, then with your fingers. Refrigerate. Peel and core the pears and cut them into small cubes.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the muffin batter. In a second bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix everything together briefly (!) but vigorously.
- Fold three-quarters of the pear pieces into the dough. Fill the dough into paper or silicone molds; placing them on a muffin tray is best.
- Spread the remaining pear pieces, crumble on top, and press lightly into the dough. Bake the muffins for about 22 minutes.
If the pear crumble muffins have inspired you to bake, use the following tip: Out of season, you can also make good muffins from the recipe with canned or jarred pears. Also, try my homemade crumble cheesecake, the apple crumble with oats, or my cherry crumble sheet cake. All delicious alternatives to my many apple pies 🙂 .
Variable Cheesecake Muffins
Apple Crumble with Oats
Grandma's Easy Shortbread Biscuits
Savory Cheese Muffins
Sugar-Free Protein Cookies
Tiramisu Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting
Healthy Banana Chocolate Muffins