A delicious lemon sheet cake recipe, even for beginners. The lemon cake with frosting is super moist and stays fresh for several days. And the whole family will love it.
Oh, hello! May I introduce you to this small delight?
Often you don't even need an incredibly sophisticated cake to enjoy it; an easy moist lemon cake will do. And that's why there are neither many words nor a new, unusual creation from me. Just our favorite recipe for a lemon sheet cake, a real classic from the bakery.
Taste and Occasion
The lemon sheet cake recipe is probably circulating in many families. This is no wonder: After all, it kills several birds with one stone. On the one hand, it is the perfect cake for beginners: simple, safe, quick, and delicious.
On the other hand, the lemon cake recipe is right for every season and occasion. For a coffee get-together and for the kindergarten bazaar, a colorful cake buffet, and the birthday party. I must emphasize once again that the lemon cake is moist and fluffy. It stays fresh for a few days when properly packaged, but you can also freeze it if you like.
Do you want to know how to make the lemon cake super moist? It is the combination of ingredients and their mixture: the fairly large amount of eggs and butter and the juice make the lemon sheer cake wonderfully moist and delicious.
How to make the Lemon Sheet Cake
First of all, do the preparation and preheat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C. Now, grease a baking tray and dust with a bit of flour, alternatively, you can cover with baking paper.
For the next step, stir the softened butter and sugar with the whisk of the hand mixer or food processor for a few minutes until the mixture becomes frothy. Then, add the eggs bit by bit and stir well. Add the lemon zest, flour, baking powder, and finally the lemon juice, and mix everything briefly to a homogeneous dough. Now spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it down. Bake the lemon sheet cake for about 25 minutes until it is light brown - the lemon cake can still be slightly moist inside.
Now on to decorating the cake: If you want to do it particularly quickly, it is easy to serve the lemon sheet cake dusted with powdered sugar. The moist lemon cake with icing becomes incredibly delicious and classic. Ready-bought lemon icing or chocolate icing is suitable for this. However, homemade icing does not take much longer than heating the convenience product.
As soon as the cake is baked and cooled down, you can spread the lemon glaze. Sift 200 g of powdered sugar finely. Then mix it with as many tablespoons of lemon juice (about 6 tablespoons) until a thick icing is created that can be easily spread.
I like to decorate the rather unspectacular-looking lemon cake with lemon rubbing or golden sugar decoration. It's easy to make more of it right away.
Fluffy, moist, very low in fat and entirely sugar-free: this light lemon cake with yogurt is made for those who like to enjoy low-calorie!
The best way to store the cake is well cooled down in a tight cake container, a large storage box, or wrapped in foil. This way, it stays fresh for a few days. The cake is also perfect for freezing.
Lemon Sheet Cake
- Baking Sheet
- 300 grams (1 ⅓ cups) butter, soft
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 6 eggs, medium-sized
- 350 grams (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest , grated; amount to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C. Grease a baking tray and dust with a little flour, alternatively cover with baking paper. Stir the softened butter and sugar with the whisk of the hand mixer or food processor for a few minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add the eggs bit by bit and stir well. Then add the lemon zest, flour, baking powder and finally the lemon juice, and mix everything briefly to a homogeneous dough.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it down. Bake for about 25 minutes until the lemon cake is light brown - it can still be slightly moist inside.
- To serve, dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar, glaze the chocolate icing, or make a lemon icing. Sift 200 g of powdered sugar finely and mix with as many tablespoons of lemon juice (about 6 tablespoons) until a thick icing is created that can be easily spread.
Now I hope you liked my Lemon Sheet Cake recipe. If you do, let me know how it tasted.
If you're in the mood for more lemon recipes, I have lots of them: why don't you try my tarte au citron, a french lemon cake? Then I have vegan alternatives like my vegan lemon cake. And if you're looking for a healthier choice, take a look at the low-fat, sugar-free lemon cake I have created. Have fun baking and let me know how you like it!
Rainbow Sheet Cake - a colorful Parrot Cake
Homemade Apple Pie
Easy German Apple Sheet Cake
Easy Vegan Nut Cake