A simple lemon sheet cake recipe that even beginners can bake easily. The lemon cake with frosting tastes very moist and stays fresh for several days. Perfect to prepare it in advance.
Oh, hello! May I introduce you to this small delight?
Often you don't even need an incredibly sophisticated cake to enjoy it; an easy moist lemon cake will do. And that's why today there are neither many words nor a new, unusual creation from me. Just our favorite recipe for a lemon sheet cake, a real classic from the bakery.
Taste and Occasion
The lemon sheet cake recipe is probably circulating in many families. Which is no wonder; after all, it kills several birds with one stone. On the one hand, it is the perfect cake for beginners: simple, safe, quick, and delicious.
Besides, the lemon cake recipe is suitable for every season and occasion. For a coffee get-together and for the kindergarten bazaar, for a colorful cake buffet and the birthday party.
I must emphasize once again that the lemon cake is moist and fluffy. It stays fresh for a few days when properly packaged, but you can also freeze it if you like.
You want to know how to make the lemon cake super moist? In this classic recipe for lemon cake, it is the combination of ingredients and their mixture: the fairly large amount of eggs and butter and the juice make the cake with lemon wonderfully moist, moist, and delicious.
How to make the Lemon Sheet Cake
First of all, do the preparation and preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C degrees. Now, grease a baking tray and dust with a little flour, alternatively you can cover with baking paper.
For the next step, stir the softened butter and sugar with the whisk of the hand mixer or food processor for a few minutes until the mixture becomes frothy. Then, add the eggs bit by bit and stir well. Add the lemon zest, flour, baking powder and finally the lemon juice, and mix everything briefly to a homogeneous dough.
Now spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it down. Bake the lemon sheet cake for about 25 minutes until it is light brown - the lemon cake can still be slightly moist inside.
And this is how you can decorate the cake: If you want it to go particularly quickly, it is easy to serve the lemon sheet cake dusted with powdered sugar. The moist lemon cake with icing becomes incredibly delicious and classic. Ready-bought lemon icing or chocolate icing are suitable for this. However, homemade icing does not take much longer than heating the convenience product.
As soon as the cake is baked and cooled down, you can spread the lemon glaze. Sift 200 g of powdered sugar finely. Then mix it with as many tablespoons of lemon juice (about 6 tablespoons) until a thick icing is created that can be easily spread.
I like to decorate the rather unspectacular looking lemon cake from the baking sheet with lemon rubbing or golden sugar decoration. It's easy to make more of it right away.
The best way to store the cake is well cooled down in a tight cake container, a large Tupperware box, or wrapped in foil. This way, it stays fresh for a few days. The cake is also perfect for freezing.
Lemon Sheet Cake
- Baking Sheet
- 300 grams butter soft
- 200 grams sugar
- 6 eggs medium-sized
- 350 grams wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest grated; amount to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C. Grease a baking tray and dust with a little flour, alternatively cover with baking paper. Stir the softened butter and sugar with the whisk of the hand mixer or food processor for a few minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add the eggs bit by bit and stir well. Then add the lemon zest, flour, baking powder and finally the lemon juice, and mix everything briefly to a homogeneous dough.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet and smooth it down. Bake for about 25 minutes until the lemon cake is light brown - it can still be slightly moist inside.
- To serve, dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar, glaze the chocolate icing, or make a lemon icing. Sift 200 g of powdered sugar finely and mix with as many tablespoons of lemon juice (about 6 tablespoons) until a thick icing is created that can be easily spread.
For those of you who are now in the mood for even more lemon cake, I have good news: there is also a vegan alternative without eggs, butter or milk. Other delicious recipes for lemon fans are the lemon poppy seed cake or the low-fat and sugar-free lemon cake. Enjoy!
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!