Moist lemon yogurt bundt cake with oil. Quick to prepare and wonderfully fluffy and moist. You will be thrilled!
Fluffy, moist, lovely: This lemon yogurt cake combines all the qualities of a good cake. It's easy to prepare and takes just under 10 minutes (plus the baking time). This makes the yogurt cake with oil also perfect for beginners. And always a good choice when it has to go fast.
Taste and Occasion
I love making bundt cake recipes anyway. This one is made with cake batter, unlike the traditional bundt cake made with yeast dough. Since the lemon cake is made with oil instead of butter, the preparation differs slightly from the classic one with cake batter. But the result - as with eggnog cake - is also exceptionally moist and fluffy.
Unfortunately, yogurt cake sometimes has the characteristic of being somehow soggy or firm. This recipe is different. The important thing for the right consistency is to beat the eggs and sugar until they are frothy. And be sure to use fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for the lemon yogurt bundt cake! The popular lemon concentrate from small plastic bottles sometimes has an unpleasant aftertaste in this dosage. If you want to keep it simple and finish it quickly, dust the lemon yogurt cake only with powdered sugar after cooling. Otherwise, a lemon glaze with powdered sugar tastes good, too (as with the classic lemon cake).
How to make the Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake
First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small pan (approx. 7-8 in / 18-20 cm diameter) and dust with flour.
Now, beat the eggs with the sugar for a few minutes. Add the oil with yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Mix flour with baking powder and stir in briefly. Then, pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool, turn out, and decorate with lemon icing as desired.
This fructose-free lemon cake requires no white sugar or wheat flour. The coconut oil gives the dough a slight coconut note that matches perfectly with the lemon.
For a slightly different alternative, use orange juice. Or coat the yogurt cake with a white chocolate coating and sprinkle with grated lemon zest. Since I especially like to bake tiny cakes, this recipe is also designed for a litte pan. If you have a larger pan, I would use at least a third more of all the ingredients, possibly half.
Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake
- 1 Small Pan (approx. 8 in / 20 cm)
- 3 eggs, medium
- 130 grams (¾ cup) sugar
- 110 grams (½ cup) neutral oil, like sunflower oil
- 110 grams (½ cup) natural yogurt, approx. 3.5% fat
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) lemon juice, freshly squeezed!
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 260 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- ¾ sachet baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small pan (approx. 7-8 in / 18-20 cm diameter) and dust with flour.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for a few minutes. Add the oil with yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Mix flour with baking powder and stir in briefly.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool, turn out, and decorate with lemon icing as desired.
- Tip: For the icing, sift approx. 150g powdered sugar and gradually stir with about 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth, resulting in a thick mixture.
This moist sheet cake with lemon is an absolute classic cake, which is also suitable for beginners. Tastes super delicious, is made quickly and stays fresh for a long time. Although the lemon bundt cake recipe with oil is rather unspectacular and almost a bit boring 😉 , I'm sure you'll like the result (and if not, see if you can find a suitable recipe on this blog). Have fun re-baking my delicious lemon yogurt cake!