Moist and fluffy vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting: these classy cupcakes are perfect for special occasions!
Hello again! Today's recipe is guaranteed to blow you away. For all you vanilla lovers, these cupcakes will be unbeatable!
Taste and Occasion
If there's one spice that almost everyone likes, it's undoubtedly vanilla. Accordingly, with these wonderful vanilla cupcakes with buttercream, you'll make young and old guests happy! They're fluffy and luscious, taste simply delicious, and look beautiful.
In my easy vanilla cupcakes recipe, moist sponge, creamy frosting and delicious decorations are an excellent combination. The foundation is my basic cupcakes recipe, refined with yogurt and ground hazelnuts. Plus, of course, a good portion of bourbon vanilla. Vanilla beans, one of the most expensive spices globally, are called the "Queen of Spices" for a reason. We love their delicate aroma - which we shouldn't use only for vanilla ice cream 😉 . The marrow is also found in the cupcakes' frosting with vanilla buttercream (either in the form of ground bourbon vanilla or vanilla extract).
How to make the Vanilla Cupcakes
The cupcakes look complicated to bake, but they are absolutely sure to succeed in reality. So read the recipe well and already you make the little treats quite easy. First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and beat the soft butter with sugar until fluffy.
Now, add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Mix flour with nuts, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture alternately with the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix vigorously but briefly. Then, pour the dough into paper or silicone muffin cups and place them in a muffin tray. Bake for about 20 minutes.
For the frosting, beat the soft butter until fluffy and gradually stir in sifted confectioners' sugar, adding vanilla as well as yogurt last. Refrigerate the frosting for about 15 minutes.
In the end, spread or pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes. Decorate with wafers, ground bourbon vanilla and grated white chocolate. You're done!
Fluffy, moist, very low in fat and entirely sugar-free: this light lemon cake with yogurt is made for those who like to enjoy low-calorie!
Sure, you can always use synthetically produced vanillin in baking. But the difference in taste is enormous. That's why we use products that don't use any flavorings.
For the dough
- 120 grams (½ cup) butter
- 100 grams (½ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) wheat flour
- 30 grams (⅓ cup) ground hazelnuts, or almonds or flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 160 grams (¾ cup) yogurt, or butter milk
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 130 grams (⅔ cup) butter, soft
- 170 grams (1 ⅖ cups) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoon (1 ½ teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon yogurt, coarse specification
For the decoration
- 2 pieces white wafer cakes
- Bourbon vanilla, ground
- white chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Beat the soft butter with sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Mix flour with nuts, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture alternately with the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix vigorously but briefly.
- Pour the dough into paper or silicone muffin cups and place them in a muffin tray. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- For the frosting, beat the soft butter until fluffy; gradually stir in sifted confectioners' sugar, adding vanilla and yogurt last. Refrigerate frosting for about 15 minutes.
- Spread or pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes. Decorate with wafers, ground bourbon vanilla and grated white chocolate.
- The cupcakes can be varied wonderfully. To spice up the dough, for example, additional coconut flakes or chopped, roasted nuts or almonds are suitable. With small chopped wafers in the batter, the cupcakes get a melt-in-your-mouth chocolate kick.
By the way, you can vary the vanilla cupcakes recipe according to your mood. For example, with coconut flakes or finely chopped wafer in the dough. With chocolate cream as a topping. Or as vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Have you now also got a desire for many more cupcake recipes? Then check out my category "Cupcakes". There you will find for example the delicious peanut butter-version, my tiramisu-cupcakes as well as the colorful piñata muffins with smarties.
Soft Sugar Cookies with Yogurt
Tiramisu Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting
Classic Scottish Shortbread
Basic Cupcake Recipe with Tips
Healthy Banana Chocolate Muffins
Easy Biscuit Recipe with only three Ingredients
Original Cinnamon Rolls