Delicious Peanut Butter Cupcakes with creamy cream cheese frosting. If you like peanut butter, you will love this recipe!
Luscious peanut butter cupcakes with creamy peanut topping and chocolate drops: sounds like the epitome of decadence, right? And yes, the peanut butter cupcakes are not exactly lightweight. But they taste easy stunning!
Taste and Occasion
The recipe itself is really simple. Nevertheless, the result is great: The peanut butter cupcakes with cream cheese frosting always hit the spot for coffee or at a party! The foundation is once again my basic cupcake recipe.
I have refined it with crunchy peanut butter, although the very finely mixed alternative also works. I used caramel brown sugar to emphasize the nut flavor and added a good pinch of salt and cinnamon. Without frosting or toppings, the small cakes taste honestly a bit unimpressive. So if you like to make my cupcakes, you should add chocolate drops or something similar to the dough. The peanut cupcakes become a great treat mainly because of the ingenious topping.
The peanut butter frosting is velvety soft and melts in your mouth. Yet, it's sturdy and easy to pipe on. For my peanut butter cream cheese frosting, I usually use cream without chunks (for the muffins, on the other hand, I prefer crunchy 😉 . The traditional extremely rich peanut butter buttercream is made a little lighter here by using cream cheese.
In terms of sweetness, I was also careful not to bury the flavor under the sugar. After all, there are recipes for peanut butter toppings that have up to 600 grams of powdered sugar in them. In addition to 350 grams of butter or peanut cream, of course. Not only that, in my opinion, these masses are way too much for 12 peanut butter cupcakes. Anyone who eats that needs an excellent digestive sleep first….
How to make the Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Let's get started with the delicious peanut butter cupcakes. First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Then, beat the softened butter with the brown sugar until fluffy and add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
Now, mix the flour with baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to the egg mixture and the peanut butter and most of the milk and mix vigorously but briefly. Tip: Use as much milk as necessary until the dough is hard to tear off the spoon. After that, fold in the peanuts.
Then, it's time to pour the dough into muffin tins, preferably placing them in an additional muffin tray. Bake your cupcakes for about 24 minutes and let them cool.
Our favorite chocolate & cocoa muffins are simply delicious, moist & tasty. If you like, add chocolate drops to the dough or decorate them with frosting.
For the frosting, beat the softened butter with the powdered sugar until fluffy. Stir in the peanut butter as well. Finally, add cream cheese, vanilla and salt and mix until homogeneous. The frosting has to chill for about 20 minutes. Then pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Lastly, decorate with peanuts and chocolate drops if desired. Now, you're done!
The recipe is designed to match the consistency and sweetness of store-bought peanut butter. If you want to use homemade peanut butter or store-bought made with 100% nuts, increase the amount of sweeteners in the dough and frosting. Also, the consistency of the result may change slightly.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) butter, soft
- 110 grams (½ cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (¾ cup) peanut butter
- 2 eggs, medium
- 250 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 160 milliliters (¾ cup) milk
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, salted and chopped
For the frosting
- 50 grams (3 ⅔ tablespoons) butter, soft
- 60 grams (½ cup) powdered sugar
- 90 grams (⅓ cup) peanut butter
- 180 grams (¾ cup) cream cheese, creamy and full fat
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Beat the softened butter with the brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Mix flour with baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to the egg mixture and the peanut butter and most of the milk and mix vigorously but briefly. Use as much milk as necessary until the dough is hard to tear off the spoon. Fold in the peanuts.
- Pour dough into muffin tins, preferably placing them in an additional muffin tray. Bake for about 24 minutes. Let cool.
- For the frosting, beat the softened butter with the powdered sugar until fluffy. Stir in the peanut butter as well. Finally, add cream cheese, vanilla and salt and mix until homogeneous.
- Chill frosting for about 20 minutes; then pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Decorate with peanuts and chocolate drops if desired.
Finally, an important tip: For this peanut butter cupcake recipe, you don't need a 100% nut purée, but the "normal" alternative from the supermarket. This has a slightly different consistency and a slight sweetness. And the rest you can use right away for this peanut butter recipe or in the peanut butter protein balls.
Piñata Muffins with Smarties
Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Delicious Keto Cake with Frosting
Easy Sugar-free Oatmeal Cookies
Leave a Reply