Moist chocolate cherry cupcakes with creamy cream cheese topping: these Black Forest Cherry Cupcakes are simply delicious.
Hello everyone! These heavenly black forest cherry cupcakes will sweeten any summer day. They taste just as good with fruit from the jar as with fresh cherries.
Taste and Occasion
The combo chocolate and cherries is at least as perfect as apple and cinnamon; actually obvious that chocolate cherry cupcakes can only taste delicious 😉 . With this easy recipe for moist chocolate cherry cupcakes with frosting, you've whipped up a little summer treat in no time that's guaranteed to hit the spot.
For the recipe, I was inspired by one of the German cake classic par excellence, the Black Forest cake. Today in the miniature format as chocolate cherry cupcakes. The foundation, a super moist sponge cake, is relatively unspectacular (in the basic cupcakes recipe, you will find many tips).
The cherries are chopped into small pieces and folded into the dough. Of course, you can also use them as whole fruits. Personally, they are in the chocolate cherry cupcakes but then somehow too big. Whether you use preserved fruit from the jar or bake the chocolate cherry cupcakes with fresh cherries doesn't matter. Only for the decoration - pickled cherries are not as pretty as those directly from the tree 😉 . In terms of taste, it should make little difference: The easy black forest cherry cupcakes are tempting either way.
How to make the Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Let's get started. First of all, melt the chopped chocolate in a hot water bath. Set aside and let cool slightly. Now, preheat oven to 350°F/175°C, pit the cherries and cut them into smaller pieces.
Then, beat the soft butter with the sugar until creamy and add the eggs one at a time. Now it's time for stirring in flour, baking powder and juice alternately with chocolate mixture briefly but vigorously. Fold in chopped cherries. Pour the dough into muffin cups and place them on a muffin tray. Bake for approx. 20 minutes. Let cool.
Soft, summer lemon cookies: These lemon cookies literally melt in your mouth! A great treat for the whole year.
For the frosting, whip the cream until stiff. Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. After that, gently fold the cream into the cream cheese frosting. Apply the frosting using a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with fresh cherries. Delicious!
I opted for an easy cream cheese frosting this time. Cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, done. It tastes more refreshing than many other creams. Chocolate cherry cupcakes with buttercream are also sinfully delicious 😉 Or how about topping the black forest cherry cupcakes with mascarpone?
Moist Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 120 grams (¾ cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- 120 grams (½ cup) butter, soft
- 90 grams (½ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 180 grams (1 ⅖ cups) flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice, or cherry brandy
- 200 grams (1 ⅖ cups) cherries, fresh or from the jar
For the frosting
- 160 grams (¾ cup) cream
- 140 grams (⅔ cup) cream cheese
- 60 grams (½ cup) powdered sugar
- 12 cherries, for the decoration
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a hot water bath. Set aside and let cool slightly. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Pit the cherries and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Beat the soft butter with the sugar until creamy, add the eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and juice alternately with chocolate mixture briefly but vigorously. Fold in chopped cherries.
- Pour the dough into muffin cups and place them on a muffin tray. Bake for approx. 20 minutes. Let cool.
- For the frosting, whip the cream until stiff. Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Gently fold the cream into the cream cheese frosting. Apply the frosting using a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with fresh cherries.
The melted dark chocolate coating in the dough makes the easy cherry chocolate cupcakes wonderfully moist (at least if you don't leave them in the oven too long 😉 ). Reminds me almost a little of brownies. Who got a desire for the combo of cherries and chocolate should also try my sheet cake. Oh yes, my cherry cake with crumbles, as well as the cherry nut cake, are also highly recommended 🙂
Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Classic Scottish Shortbread
Piñata Muffins with Smarties
Black Forest Cake without Alcohol