Delicious muffins with vanilla yogurt and oil - just the thing when you need to go fast and an absolute classic.
Simple vanilla muffins are baked in a flash and are an excellent all-rounder. Whether you keep the basic recipe or spice up the dough with chocolate chips, moist vanilla muffins always hit the spot!
Taste and Occasion
The best thing about such simple recipes is that you have all the ingredients at home and can make everything last minute. The muffins with vanilla can also be frozen well. Therefore, I often baked them in advance, for example, when a child's birthday was coming up. Decorate with colorful sugar sprinkles - done. But even in the more "neutral" color version, according to the basic vanilla muffin recipe, the result is pretty. You only need flour, sugar, eggs, oil, and yogurt for the dough. I usually make vanilla yogurt muffins. Regular whole-milk yogurt will do just as well, though.
Whisk wet ingredients, mix dry ingredients, mix both briefly - ready are the moist vanilla muffins. For decorating, for example, an easy vanilla frosting is suitable. To make vanilla muffins with oil extra delicious, it's essential to use a variety that is as neutral as possible, such as canola oil. For the flavoring, please don't use cheap flavoring from a mini bottle or vanilla sugar - instead, use bourbon vanilla sugar, vanilla pulp, or good vanilla paste.
How to make the Vanilla Muffins
First of all, preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a second bowl, briefly beat the eggs with the powdered sugar. Stir in the oil, yogurt, and vanilla paste. Add the dry ingredients to the egg cream and mix everything quickly until a smooth dough is formed; do not stir too long.
Now, pour the dough into about 12 paper or silicone muffin cups and place them in a muffin tray. Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool. Then, mix the sifted powdered sugar with vanilla and enough milk for the icing to make a smooth, not too runny icing. Brush or spread on top of cupcakes and sprinkle with sugar decorations, if desired.
Delightfully soft sugar cookies with luscious frosting: these colorfully decorated yogurt sugar Cookies are a showstopper!
Instead of vanilla paste, a little ground vanilla, freshly scraped vanilla pulp, or 1 additional small bag of bourbon vanilla sugar (then reduce the powdered sugar slightly) are also suitable.
For the dough
- 240 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs, medium
- 100 grams (⅘ cup) powdered sugar
- 100 milliliters (7 tablespoons) canola oil, or sunflower oil
- 190 grams (⅘ cup) vanilla yogurt, or natural
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, quantity to taste
For the glaze
- 130 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, or more
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a second bowl, briefly beat the eggs with the powdered sugar. Stir in the oil, yogurt, and vanilla paste.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg cream and mix everything quickly until a smooth dough is formed; do not stir too long.
- Pour the dough into about 12 paper or silicone muffin cups and place them in a muffin tray. Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the sifted powdered sugar with vanilla and enough milk for the icing to make a smooth, not too runny icing. Brush or spread on top of cupcakes and sprinkle with sugar decorations, if desired.
- Use whole milk natural yogurt or Greek yogurt (without vanilla). You should use a little more sugar (about 130g) and additionally more vanilla.
- You can add a few chocolate chips or drops to the dough.
- The muffins can be super prepared and frozen.
Enjoy baking these easy, quick vanilla muffins! You'll find lots of helpful tips in my basic muffin recipe. And suppose you love the great spice as much as I do. In that case, you should also check out these recipes: the vanilla cupcakes with buttercream or my great and easy fudge.
Pumpkin-Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
Best Ever Basic Muffin Recipe
Peanut Butter Cupcakes