It's incredibly chocolatey and moist - even though this easy vegan chocolate banana bread doesn't use eggs, butter, milk, and co!
Lovers of super moist chocolate cakes, take note: My vegan chocolate banana bread sets new standards 🙂 ! Since I baked it for the first time, it has been one of my absolute favorites. The consistency is easily seductive. And the taste, of course, just as!
Taste and Occasion
Basically, I am anyway for almost everything to have to do with chocolate or bananas. The traditional American banana bread is an absolute classic at home. But this vegan banana bread with chocolate is also a delicious alternative. The fact that the banana bread recipe does not use eggs, butter, and the like is not noticeable! The vegan chocolate banana bread is nice and moist - just as it should be. Similar to the classic, it has little to do with what we in Germany understand by the term bread. So maybe instead, "vegan banana chocolate cake"? In any case, a cake that tastes intensely of chocolate. The fact that the banana chocolate bread is healthy, vegan, and still delicious is mainly due to the ingredients.
In the dough of the vegan chocolate banana bread is, in addition to cocoa, a good portion of fine dark chocolate, which consists of only 3 or 4 ingredients: cocoa mass, cocoa butter, and sugar. Usually, I'm not really into bitter varieties. So pure for snacking 😉 . Baked, they do perfectly and partly much better than milk chocolate. The more intense flavor (even of types with about 60% cocoa content) fits perfectly with the vegan chocolate banana cake. By the way, our healthy banana cake without sugar, wheat, and Co. is also vegan. You see, even if you want to eat more consciously, you do not have to do without delicious treats!
How to make the Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan (7-8 in / 18-20 cm) and dust lightly with cocoa. Cut the very ripe bananas into small pieces and mash them. The pure pulp should be about 300g. Now, chop the chocolate into small pieces. Mix all the wet ingredients, and the banana puree last. Mix the dry ones as well. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix briefly but vigorously. Fold in the chocolate chips.
After this, pour the dough into the prepared pan and smooth it out. And the last step is simply baking the chocolate banana bread for about 55 minutes AND enjoying it.
This vegan banana cake is perfect for babies, toddlers and health-conscious adults. No sugar, butter, egg or wheat, but delicious and moist!
To make the chocolate banana bread moist and fluffy without eggs, you'll need some fruit vinegar and baking soda, just like the latter. The same principle as with the vegan nut cake. The result will blow you away, guaranteed!
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 small load pan (8 in / 20 cm)
- 2 bananas, large, very ripe, 300g purée
- 100 grams (7 tablespoons) oat milk
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fruit vinegar
- 100 grams (⅔ cup) coconut blossom sugar, or brown sugar
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) all-purpose flour
- 40 grams (½ cup) baking cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams (⅔ cup) dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan (7-8 in / 18-20 cm) and dust lightly with cocoa. Cut the very ripe bananas into small pieces and mash them. The pure pulp should be about 300g.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Mix all the wet ingredients, and the banana puree last. Mix the dry ones as well. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix briefly but vigorously. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake chocolate banana bread for about 55 minutes.