It's incredibly chocolaty and moist - that's despite the fact that this simple vegan chocolate banana bread doesn't use eggs, butter, milk and co!
Lovers of super moist chocolate cakes take note:
My vegan chocolate banana bread sets new standards 🙂 ! Since I baked it for the first time some time ago, it is one of my absolute favorites. The consistency is simply tempting. And the taste of course just as!
Taste and Occasion
Basically, I am in for almost everything that has to do with chocolate or bananas. The traditional American Banana Bread is a real classic at home. But this vegan banana bread with chocolate is also a delicious variation.
Nobody will know that the recipe does not use eggs, butter and the like! The banana bread is nice and moist - just as it should be. Similar to the classic, it has little to do with what we in Germany understand by the term bread.
So maybe rather "vegan banana chocolate cake"? In any case, a cake that really tastes intensely of chocolate. The fact that the banana chocolate bread is healthy, vegan and still delicious is mainly due to the ingredients.
In addition to cocoa, the dough contains a special bar from Ritter Sport. The Ritter Sport cocoa class stands out mainly because of its colorful appearance. But only the inner values!
The three varieties of fine dark chocolate, make do with three or four ingredients. "The Fine" from Nicaragua, which I use for the chocolate banana bread, consists only of cocoa mass, cocoa butter and sugar.
How to make the Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Let's get started with this delicious recipe for the eggless Chocolate Banana Bread! First of all, preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F. Grease a small loaf pan (20 cm/8 inches) and dust the surface lightly with cocoa.
For the next step, cut the very ripe bananas into small pieces and mash them. The pure pulp should be about 300g.
This delicious Banana Bread becomes incredibly moist and tastes slightly like caramel. The perfect recycling for overripe bananas!
Now, chop the chocolate into small pieces and mix all the wet ingredients together, the banana puree last. Mix the dry ones as well. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix briefly but vigorously. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Then, pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake the chocolate banana bread for about 55 minutes. And then: Enjoy!
To make the Chocolate Banana Bread moist and fluffy without egg, you'll need some fruit vinegar and baking soda, just like the latter. The result will blow you away, guaranteed.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 small loaf pan (20 cm/8 inches)
- 2 bananas , large; very ripe; 300g pulp
- 100 grams (½ cup) oat milk
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fruit vinegar
- 100 grams (⅔ cups) coconut blossom sugar, or brown sugar
- 200 grams (1 ½ cups) wheat flour
- 40 grams (½ cups) baking cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams (⅔ cups) dark chocolate , e.g. Ritter Sport "Die Feine", 61% cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F and grease a small loaf pan (20 cm/8 inches) and dust the surface lightly with cocoa. Cut the very ripe bananas into small pieces and mash them. The pure pulp should be about 300g.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Mix all the wet ingredients together, the banana puree last. Mix the dry ones as well. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix briefly but vigorously. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out. Bake chocolate banana bread for about 55 minutes.
Classic Scottish Shortbread
Low Carb Banana Bread
Sugar-Free Apple Pie (Vegan)
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Vegan Banana Cake (and sugar-free)
Vegan Carrot Cake without Eggs & Milk
Soft and Fluffy Lemon Cookies