This Low Carb Banana Bread is super moist and delicious. No one will notice that this Banana Bread is without sugar, flour and butter!
Hello, dear ones!
The low carb banana bread recipe I'm sharing with you in this post is anything but a bland substitute.
Although this banana bread doesn't use any flour, sugar or butter, it turns out wonderfully moist and delicious. It's a great alternative to the original banana bread!
Taste and Occasion
Like the original, this low carb & gluten-free banana bread has nothing to do with bread as we know it but is an actual regular cake. Unlike the more German banana cake made with a sponge, it's a bit moister - and traditionally baked in a loaf pan.
So that the banana bread is low carb and good, I have once again had to tinker a bit. Because there are many low-carb recipes on the internet; but most have pretty atypical ingredients like curd or oatmeal. And I wanted to bake a "real" Banana Bread in low carb and gluten-free.
By the way, the result convinced not only me but also our kids. None noticed that this banana bread is made without sugar, flour, butter and co. It even tastes great without any additional (alternative) sweetener.
Because sure, bananas are pretty sweet fructose-rich in themselves. So it may sound strange to make a low carb banana cake out of them. But low carb does not mean "no carb" 😉 . And so, this recipe fits into the low carb or gluten-free diet.
In addition to fruits, there are mainly eggs, almonds and de-oiled almond flour in my delicious low carb banana bread.
How to make the Low Carb Banana Bread
Let's get started with this easy recipe! First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Now, grease a small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/20 cm) and sprinkle with almonds.
Then, finely mash the bananas to a purée. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. After this, add all dry ingredients as well as the banana puree and the milk. Stir only briefly but vigorously.
Finally, pour the dough into the pan, smooth out and bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes.
I also pimped this recipe with protein powder. You can either take neutral (then you have to taste if the dough is sweet enough for you) or sweetened flavored, such as peanut butter or vanilla.
I would be happy if you try this special banana bread with almonds. You will not regret it – guaranteed 😉 !
Low Carb Banana Bread
- Loaf Pan (approx. 8 in / 20 cm)
- 350 grams (2 ⅓ cups) bananas, ripe and weighed without peel
- 3 eggs, medium
- 120 grams (1 cup) ground almonds
- 50 grams (½ cup) almond flour
- 60 grams (⅔ cup) protein powder, or almond flour
- ½ teaspoon guar gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 120 milliliters (½ cups) milk
- 50 grams (½ cups) powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/20 cm) and sprinkle with almonds. Finely mash the bananas to a purée.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add all dry ingredients as well as the banana puree and the milk. Stir only briefly but vigorously. Pour dough into the pan, smooth out and bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Both neutral varieties and sweetened, flavored ones, such as peanut butter or vanilla, are suitable as protein powders.
- If you use unsweetened protein, you can sweeten the dough with a bit of xylitol, depending on your taste.
If you find this low carb banana bread delicious, you must also try my classic, easy banana bread. You should also give this vegan chocolate banana bread a try – it is entirely egg-, butter- and milk-free, but tastes really great, too!
Or how about this vegan & sugar-free banana cake? Actually, all my recipes with bananas are incredibly delicious, I promise!