What a combination: this delicious crumble cheesecake combines a super creamy curd filling with tasty butter crumbles.
Such a cheese crumble cake is not for nothing one of the absolute favorites of many families. Even the "individual parts" - classic cheesecake and crumble cake - are coveted. But together they taste even better!
The fact that grandma's cheesecake with crumbles from the tray is also really uncomplicated, makes us bakers happy of course 😉.
Taste and Occasion
The cheese crumble cake melts in your mouth. The base of classic kneaded dough is beautifully buttery and crumbly; the curd cream tastes very slightly of lemon and is super creamy. And the crunchy crumbles are the perfect icing on top.
Crispy crumbles and a fluffy yeast dough with a thin layer of cream in between: The perfect, easy crumb cake from the baking sheet!
What I generally like about cakes is when they are moist - whether made from sponge or shortbread. This recipe is also a moist cheesecake from the baking sheet. In that way, it reminds me a bit of fruit cake with crumbles or rhubarb cake; both delicious as well.
Grandma's ricotta crumble cake from the sheet is just the thing for a big round. The pieces can also be frozen very well.
If you prefer to have a smaller quantity, you can divide the ingredients in half and bake the crumble cheesecake in an approx. 11*9 inches/29*22 cm square baking pan (this means the outer dimensions).
To do this, simply bake the cheese cake from the tray with 500g of cottage cheese, etc; take a total of 2 of the eggs.
For the comparatively quick quark crumble sheet cake, I took my cue from my apricot cake recipe. And I simplified it a bit: Both the base and the topping are made from the same dough. So you only have to prepare a single dough and the curd mixture for the cheese crumble cake.
In my experience, the result is best if you pre-bake the base briefly. However, the recipe should probably work without this extra step.
This delicious German butter cake with almonds is a popular sheet cake classic without much effort. The cream icing makes it exceptionally moist.
How to make the Crumble Cheesecake
Let's get started with this delicious crumble cheesecake recipe: First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Cover a baking tray sized around 11*17 inches/29*44 cm external dimensions with baking paper.
For the dough, knead the cold butter in pieces, flour, baking powder, sugar, egg and salt with a food processor or hand mixer and a dough hook.
Now, spread three quarters of the crumble on the baking sheet and press down. Prick the cake several times with a fork and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
For the topping, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is foamy. Add the curd and cornstarch or vanilla pudding powder and mix everything well together with the melted butter and lemon. Spread everything on the pre-baked base.
For the last step, cover cake with remaining crumble and bake again for about 40 minutes.
In the basic version, the cheese crumble cake is without fruit. Which should not prevent you from adding some more fruit 😉 . I can imagine the cheesecake with crumble base especially well with cherries or blueberries.
Tasty Homemade Crumble Cheesecake
For the base and crumble
- 300 grams (1 ⅓ cups) butter , cold and in pieces
- 500 grams (4 cups) wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 grams (1 cups) sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 pinch salt
For the curd
- 1 kilogram (4 cups) curd , low-fat curd cheese or 20%.
- 100 grams (½ cup) butter , liquid
- 40 grams (6 tablespoon) vanilla pudding powder , or starch
- 180 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs, medium-sized
- 1 (1 piece) lemon , of which juice and zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Cover a baking tray (approx. 11*17 inches/29*44 cm external dimensions) with baking paper. For the dough, knead the cold butter in pieces, flour, baking powder, sugar, egg and salt with a food processor or hand mixer and dough hook.
- Spread three quarters of the crumble on the baking sheet and press down. Prick several times with a fork and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- For the topping, beat the eggs with the sugar until foamy. Add the curd and cornstarch or vanilla pudding powder and mix well together with the melted butter and lemon. Spread on the pre-baked base.
- Cover cake with remaining crumble and bake again for about 40 minutes.
Tangerine Cheesecake Muffins
Homemade Cherry Cake with Crumbles
The Best Cheesecake Recipe In The World
Easy and Quick Summer Fruit Cake
Low Carb Cheesecake: Cheesecake without sugar
Best Strawberry Pudding Cake
Apple pie with cinnamon cream: Best apple pie recipe
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!
Turkish Borek with Spinach and Cheese
Soft and Fluffy Braided Bread
Easy Chocolate Loaf Cake with Glaze