Cookies as a spread – so easy to make easy homemade speculoos cream! It is the perfect spread for Christmas and a great gift from the kitchen.
Attention, Christmas-lovers! Today's recipe is a delicious cookie cream for spooning: with this homemade Speculoos cream, you can spread the famous Christmas cookies directly on your bread.
Or let them melt in your mouth because the speculoos spread is a hit. Perfect for snacking or as a gift from the kitchen. Well, has anyone got a craving … 😉 ?
Taste and Occasion
Maybe one or the other already knows caramel-cookie-cream from the supermarket. Since I first tried the speculoos cream a few years ago, I have been an absolute fan of it. But why should you buy it ready-made, when you can make it faster, cheaper and above all more individually?
This principle applies often. I promise you: If you are a sweets-lover like me, you will love the speculoos cream! And you will prefer to keep it for yourself instead of passing it on. The cookie cream is actually the best thing, quick and at the same time a special Christmas gift. But if necessary, you can also give yourself a gift 😉.
For the ingredients - the homemade speculoos cream in a jar - you need spiced speculoos, condensed milk or cream, some butter as well as spices for flavoring. Of course, the cookie cream also tastes good with butter cookies, caramel cookies, coconut cookies, or other pastries during the year. Cinnamon always tastes good anyway, just like vanilla or tonka bean.
The preparation - grinding and mixing - is done with a food processor or kitchen chopper. If you like to make a kind of Lotus Biscoff spread crunchy yourself, stir in a few cookie pieces at the end.
How to make the Easy Homemade Speculoos Cream
First things first: Finely grind the cookies in a food processor or kitchen chopper. Now, add the cream, mix for one minute, then add all the remaining ingredients and mix again briefly to form a homogeneous cream.
Why not try baking some savory cut-out crackers? This cheese shortbread is among our favorite snack cookies.
If you like, you can fold in some speculoos pieces at the end. In the end, pour the cream into a clean jar and store it in the refrigerator. It will firm up a bit there - so take it out some time before eating.
If you want the speculoos spread to be vegan, it's easy to use soy or oat cream and margarine. So many possibilities!
Easy Homemade Speculoos Cream
- 1 jar (approx. 250 ml)
- 200 grams (¾ cup) spiced speculoos, alternatively caramel, butter, coconut cookies, etc.
- 150 grams (⅔ cup) cream, or condensed milk
- 50 grams (3 ⅔ tablespoons) butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons speculoos spice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, or honey, amount to taste
- Finely grind the cookies in a food processor or kitchen chopper. Add the cream, mix for one minute, then add all the remaining ingredients and mix again briefly to form a homogeneous cream. If you like, you can fold in some coarse speculoos pieces at the end.
- Pour the cream into a clean jar and store it in the refrigerator. It will firm up a bit there - so take it out some time before eating.
- The amount of sweetener depends entirely on your taste. The cream is nice and sweet, even without added sugar.
- For vegan speculoos cream, easy use soy or oat cream as well as margarine.
- The cream will keep for about 2-3 weeks if stored in the refrigerator, mainly if you use long-life cream instead of fresh cream.
By the way: Matching this speculoos cream Christmas recipe, I can recommend you these cinnamon stars. Or how about the german gingerbread and the traditional Christmas cookies? For now, have fun making and enjoying the homemade speculoos cream. You'll want to spoon it out plain, I promise 🙂 !
Easy & Moist Coconut Macaroons
German Christmas Stollen (Christstollen)
Low Carb Gluten-Free Nut Cookies
Easy Low Carb Christmas Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Vegan Banana Cake (and sugar-free)
Soft and Fluffy Lemon Cookies
German Apple Strudel (Homemade Apfelstrudel)
Homemade Cherry Cake with Crumbles
Healthy Sugar Free Frozen Yogurt