This easy vegan nut cake tastes heavenly, even without eggs, butter, or milk. The recipe persuades even those who don't eat a plant-based diet.
Hello, dear readers! I know, it's hard to believe that this easy nut cake is vegan. No eggs, butter, or milk - but soooooo delicious!
Taste and Occasion
A vegan nut cake recipe that is easy to make, is already wonderful. You don't need extravagant substitute ingredients. And: The result does not have to hide behind the traditional nut cake - guaranteed! This nut cake without egg and milk tastes wonderfully aromatic and is super moist and fluffy. So just the thing if you want to bake without animal ingredients, suffer from allergies, or just have an egg deficiency 😉 .
To make the delicious nut cake vegan, I just created a kind of mixture of the classic as well as my vegan lemon cake. The basic ingredients of any sponge cake are usually eggs, milk and butter. My vegan nut cake is baked with oil as the butter substitute. Instead of eggs, the dough contains a combo of vegetable yogurt, acid and baking soda. I'll tell you: it may sound a bit unusual, but it tastes incredible! Nobody will notice that this nut cake is vegan. It's just lovely and moist, fluffy, delicious!
The dough becomes fluffy if you use sour ingredients like buttermilk, fruit vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda. If you have tried this principle before (for example, with chocolate cake), you can imagine that this vegan nut cake will also be moist.
How to make the Vegan Nut Cake
Let's get started with this fantastic vegan nut cake recipe: First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a small springform pan (8-8.5 in/ 20-22 cm) or loaf pan. Dust with a bit of flour. Now, mix all the dry ingredients except for the sugar. In a second bowl, whisk together oil, soy milk, vinegar, and sugar until the ingredients are well combined. After that, add dry to wet ingredients and mix everything briefly but vigorously.
Then, it's time for pouring the dough into the prepared pan, smooth it out, and bake for about 30-35 minutes. Do a stick test to see if it is cooked through. Important to know: the cake will remain quite moist. Let your cake cool and dust it with powdered sugar or decorate with chocolate icing as desired. To do this, gently melt the finely chopped chocolate glaze with the oil and spread it over the cake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and enjoy your vegan dessert.
Deliciously moist but without animal ingredients: This vegan carrot cake without egg, butter and milk is in no way inferior to the classic!
Some nut cake recipes without egg, milk and butter rely on semolina, applesauce, chia seeds, or banana. Which then, of course, also influences the taste of the vegan nut cake. But there is a much simpler way! You have what you need for my vegan cake recipe with nuts at home anyway. Instead of soy milk, oat or almond milk is also suitable, instead of vinegar, lemon juice fits and nuts and almonds taste great.
Vegan Nut Cake
- 1 springform pan (8 in/ 20 cm)
For the dough
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) all-purpose flour
- 200 grams (1 ⅘ cups) roasted ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa, to taste
- 160 grams (¾ cup) sunflower oil, or canola oil
- 230 milliliters (1 cup) soy milk, or oat/almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 170 grams (⅘ cup) brown sugar, or cane sugar/erythritol
For the decoration
- 100 grams (⅔ cup) dark chocolate, coarse amount
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, optional
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a small springform pan (8-8.5 in/ 20-22 cm) or loaf pan and dust with a bit of flour.
- Mix all the dry ingredients except for the sugar. In a second bowl, whisk together oil, soy milk, vinegar and sugar until well combined. Add dry to wet ingredients and mix everything briefly but vigorously.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, smooth it out and bake for about 30-35 minutes. Do a stick test to see if it is cooked through. However, the cake will remain quite moist.
- Let cake cool and dust with powdered sugar or decorate with chocolate icing as desired. To do this, gently melt the finely chopped chocolate glaze with the oil and spread it over the cake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
I usually use a small amount of cocoa in the dough and plain icing. If you prefer it pure, omit both. And there are many more possible variations: With xylitol or erythritol, it becomes a vegan nut cake without sugar. I would recommend the brown alternative, which tastes slightly like caramel. If it should be a flourless cake, just take a more significant amount of nuts. Your cake will become highly moist. And low carb. And gluten-free. But beware: The consistency also changes due to the missing eggs combined with the missing gluten.
Well, what do you say: Do the "all-eaters" 😉 among you also give this recipe a chance? You won't regret it, I promise! Like with the apple pie, crumble cake, cheesecake, or chocolate banana bread. And all nut-lovers should also love my zucchini cake or cherry cake with nuts for example.
Leave a Reply