Ingenious recipe for easy 2-ingredient ice cream that is guaranteed to succeed. Super fast and no ice cream maker needed!
This ice cream recipe is insane: Extremely creamy, very variable and still very uncomplicated!
Taste and Occasion
During freezing, you do not even have to mix the ice cream, as it is often necessary with other recipes. For this ice cream, you simply whip cream and condensed milk, let your creativity run wild and wait a few hours. Done!
Unfortunately, the "recipe" or the idea is not from me 😉 . It has its origins - I think at least - from an Irish blogger and has been covered many times in the past. This ice cream is creamy and tremendously delicious even without an ice cream machine due to the ingredients: cream and sweetened condensed milk. You could also say sugar and fat. Yes, this combination tastes good.
There is a bit more cream in my basic recipe than in the original. This makes the result still quite sweet, but I think to a more pleasant degree. Before the question arises, the ingredients can't be replaced. They are essential for consistency and creaminess. Regular condensed milk is too thin. So if you want healthier ice cream without an ice cream maker, you should switch to another ice cream recipe. To everyone else: Try this ice cream UNCONDITIONALLY!
How to make the 2-Ingredient Ice Cream
Are you ready for this quick and easy ice cream preparation? Let's go! You start with whipping the well-chilled cream until it's almost stiff. Gently stir in or fold in the sweetened condensed milk, also well chilled, while stirring slowly.
Soft, summer lemon cookies: These lemon cookies literally melt in your mouth! A great treat for the whole year.
Divide the ice cream mixture into portions as desired and refine (see notes). Place in the freezer for approx. 5 hours and simply enjoy!
There are incredibly delicious ways to refine and jazz up the easy 2-ingredient ice cream. Personally, I love ice cream with lots and lots of cookie or cake pieces. So I mixed in a serving of crushed oreo cookies, for example. Cheaper than the storebought - and with just the right amount of cookies 😉.
2-Ingredient Ice Cream
- 500 grams (2 cups) cream, well chilled
- 400 grams (1 ⅓ cups) sweetened condensed milk, well chilled
- Whip the well-chilled cream until almost stiff. Gently stir in or fold in the sweetened condensed milk, also well chilled, while stirring slowly.
- Divide the ice cream mixture into portions as desired and refine (see tips). Place in the freezer for approx. 5 hours.
- There are endless possibilities to refine the ice cream foundation. To do this, divide the mixture into 6 portions before freezing and flavor or jazz up each one differently as desired.
- A few inspirations: baking cocoa or Nutella; pureed berries, fruit jam or marmalade; chopped cookies or pieces of cake; chocolate shavings or cocoa nibs; roasted almonds or nuts
For Jan, I made a rather fruity 2-ingredients ice cream with berry swirl and currants from our garden. You'll get chocolate ice cream with some baking cocoa, alternatively a spoonful of homemade Nutella. Or you can serve the ice cream with grandma's waffles and classic pancakes.
Delicious No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Easy Classic Tiramisu (Original Italian)
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Colorful Rainbow Sheet Cake (Parrot Cake)
Healthy Sugar Free Frozen Yogurt
Shortbread Cookies, a Scottish Classic
Homemade Caramel Spread
Authentic German Cinnamon Stars (Zimtsterne)
Eggnog Cake (Grandma's Recipe)
Spinach Quiche with Feta Cheese