Wonderfully fluffy, moist almond bundt cake with vanilla, which is easy to bake and still makes a difference.
Easy baking recipe for a bundt cake with ground almonds and vanilla, which becomes anything but dry.
Taste and Occasion
This almond bundt cake is extremely moist! The consistency: wonderful, fluffy, and still slightly moist. The taste: subtle vanilla and marzipan. And because the bundt cake with almonds recipe is easy and quick to make and consists of only basic ingredients, you can also bake it well last minute.
You should test the almond cake - whether for the sunday coffee get-together, during the week, or colorfully decorated at a child's birthday party. My first creation in recipe development went pretty wrong. First, the amount of dough - which was actually carefully calculated - was far too little for a large baking pan. Then the almond cake practically fell apart when I tried to turn it out while it was still warm. So I had to do it all over again. The good thing about it is that the modified recipe for the almond ring cake, which I present to you today, is sure to succeed 😉 . Beginners can also look at my basic recipe for sponge cake with lots of tips.
The preparation is straightforward and classic: butter and sugar are beaten until very light and fluffy, then add room-warm eggs and the dry ingredients in the form of flour, baking powder, salt, and, of course, almonds. For optical reasons, it is best to use the blanched light alternative. The unique thing about moist almond cake is, as already mentioned, the great consistency. As well as the taste.
How to make the Almond Bundt Cake
First of all, grease a small pan (about 8 in / 20 cm in diameter) and dust with flour. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Now, mix together the meal, almonds, baking powder, and salt. Beat the soft butter with the sugar for a few minutes until very fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended, and finally, add the vanilla pulp.
This easy basic cake batter recipe is excellent for beginners. It is the foundation for many popular pastries such as marble cakes, cupcakes, waffles and Co.
After this, stir the dry ingredients into the butter-egg cream alternately with the milk. Use enough milk to make the cake hard to tear off the spoon. Pour the dough into the prepared pan, smooth it out, and bake for about 50 minutes; test with a stick. Let cool in the pan and then turn out very carefully. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
My favorite way to make a vanilla almond bundt cake is with vanilla paste. A few drops of bitter almond oil or a tablespoon of amaretto result in an additional marzipan note. You can use lemon zest and juice if you prefer something fresher. So, it's a bit like the equally great almond cake without flour.
Almond Bundt Cake
- 160 grams (¾ cup) butter, soft
- 130 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 3 eggs, large, room temperature
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 180 grams (1 ⅔ cups) ground almonds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 110 milliliters (7 ⅖ tablespoons) milk, coarse
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 pinch salt
- Grease a small pan (about 8 in / 20 cm in diameter) and dust with flour. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Mix together the meal, almonds, baking powder, and salt. Beat the soft butter with the sugar for a few minutes until very fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended, and finally, add the vanilla pulp.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter-egg cream alternately with the milk. Use enough milk to make the cake hard to tear off the spoon.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, smooth it out, and bake for about 50 minutes; test with a stick. Let cool in the pan and then turn out very carefully. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Instead of vanilla paste, use ½ teaspoon vanilla pulp and a few drops of bitter almond flavoring if desired. This gives the cake a slight marzipan flavor.
- Alternatively, the bundt cake also tastes good with grated lemon zest.
- To make the bottom of the bundt cake straight, you can pull the dough minimally higher at the edge than in the middle.
- Since the cake is so moist, it must cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before turning it out.
I am sure you will like the bundt cake with almonds! Among my bundt cake recipes, you will find delicious alternatives like the yogurt bundt cake with oil, the eggnog cake, banana cake, or the classic made with yeast dough.
Classic Gugelhupf (German Bundt Cake Recipe)
German Christmas Stollen (Christstollen)
How to make Marzipan at home