This is the best banana bread ever. It will win over kids and adults alike. The most delicious use for overripe bananas you can imagine!
Fancy banana bread like from the USA? This moist banana bread is the best use for ripe bananas, so bake it right away!
Taste and Occasion
Really lovely and moist, soft, fruity, and with a slight taste of caramel: I could literally fall in love with this recipe! As is typical for banana bread, it is more of a cake than a "bread". Still, it's completely different from my regular banana cake, which I highly recommend, too.
While German cakes are airy or have similar consistencies to marble cake, original banana bread from the US is much more "soggy" and moist. Easy and quick are both alternatives. And a delicious home for leftover overripe bananas, sadly gumming in the fruit bowl, as well 😉 .
Murphy's Law: if you want to make banana bread and would need black speckled bananas, they stay firm and light yellow. I sometimes solved the problem by putting bananas in the car in the summer. It worked, though the interior then smelled like a banana plantation. It was still worth the effort for this moist banana bread. I love it! And all test eaters (thanks to children's birthdays) also. The best banana bread was the general opinion. But convince yourself and try the recipe!
Brown sugar, coconut sugar, or whole cane sugar belongs in the dough instead of white sugar. This gives the recipe a wonderful caramel flavor.
How to make the Best Banana Bread
Easy, quick basic banana cake recipe that can be wonderfully modified - for example, with nuts, chocolate or spices.
Let's start with preheating the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan and dust with flour. Cut the very ripe bananas into small pieces and mash them (the pure pulp should be about 300g). Now, beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy and stir in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Then, mix flour with baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Add alternately with the sour cream. Finally, briefly stir in the banana puree. In the end, pour the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for about 55-60 minutes, and enjoy!
If you're looking to bake extra healthy, you will go wrong with this recipe. Check out my banana cake recipe without egg and sugar, also known as "baby's first birthday cake" 😉 . Or the vegan chocolate banana bread.
- 1 Small Loaf Pan (7-8 in / 18-20 cm)
- 3 bananas , small; very ripe! Approx. 400g with peel300 without
- 120 grams (½ cup) butter, soft
- 110 grams (½ cup) brown sugar, or coconut or whole cane sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 250 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) ground vanilla
- 100 grams (8 tablespoons) sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan and dust with flour. Cut the very ripe bananas into small pieces and mash them. The pure pulp should be about 300g.
- Beat the soft butter with the sugar until fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Mix flour with baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Add alternately with the sour cream. Finally, briefly stir in the banana puree.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan. Bake banana bread for about 55-60 minutes.
You can quickly modify the recipe if the easy alternative is too boring for you. How about adding walnuts or cashews to the dough? Or a banana bread with chocolate chunks? A little cinnamon or tonka bean in the dough won't hurt, either. My mouth is watering again. Oh well, the muffins and the banana pancakes are, of course, also delicious 🙂