Great healthy chocolate muffins without sugar, butter, milk and white flour. These moist clean eating muffins convince even children!
Hello everyone! Moist healthy chocolate muffins without sugar, white flour and butter that are super juicy and deliciously flavorful. Well, how does that sound? With this easy recipe for clean eating chocolate muffins, you'll convince everyone who usually reacts skeptically to the description "healthy" 😉 .
Taste and Occasion
I like to snack the healthy chocolate muffins as an alternative to the "regular" moist chocolate muffins. What I like most is the moist, luscious and almost creamy texture.
By the way, since you bake the chocolate muffins without butter, chocolate and milk, they are also suitable for people with cow's milk allergies. And for some-fruit refusers like Jan 😉 .
This quick apple pie without flour and sugar consists of only 4 ingredients and is quickly mixed. For all who look for a delicious gluten-free Low Carb apple pie.
It's actually no wonder that the muffins taste amazing: there are only excellent ingredients in them: Almonds, coconut oil and light whole wheat flour, for example. The fresh dates in this recipe result in the muffins' sweetness. Anything with fresh dates is simply tasty!
Sure, dates contain fructose, just like all natural sweeteners (like bananas or dried fruits). But they also bring valuable nutrients and a great caramel flavor. The whole wheat flour also results in a slightly nutty touch. We promise: Even kids love the Clean Eating muffins! They won't notice that the chocolate muffins are healthy. After all, they are not as green as broccoli 😉 .
How to make the Moist Healthy Chocolate Muffins
You want to know how to make these delicious and moist clean baking chocolate muffins? Well, let's jump right into the recipe. First of all, cut the dates in half and remove the seeds. Bring to the boil with ⅔ cups (150 milliliters) of water in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for about 7-10 minutes until the mixture becomes very mushy. Very important: Keep stirring and make sure nothing burns.
Puree the mixture together with the cooking water. Then, separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are stiff. Set them aside and continue with preheating the oven to 350°F/175°C.
Now, warm the coconut oil in a hot water bath (if needed) until it is liquid. Mix the flour, almonds, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
These sugar-free and egg-free vegan banana oatmeal muffins are perfect for those who eat consciously. Not only toddlers love the fast, healthy breakfast muffins!
After that, stir the coconut oil, applesauce, milk and egg yolks into the dry ingredients first, then the slightly cooled date puree. Gently but thoroughly fold in beaten egg whites with a wooden spoon or pastry scraper.
In the and, pour the dough into muffin cups (preferably made of silicone or greaseproof paper) and bake them for about 25 minutes. The muffins should still be moist and soft inside. Enjoy your healthy snack!
Of course, you can use different varieties of dates. I recommend "Medjool" or "Deglet Nour", for example.
Moist Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- 300 grams (2 cups) fresh dates, weighed with kernel
- 3 eggs, medium
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100 grams (¾ cups) light wholemeal flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons tartaric baking powder
- 3 tablespoons applesauce, without sugar
- 2 tablespoons oat milk, or cow milk
- Cut the dates in half and remove the seeds. Bring to the boil with ⅔ cups (150 milliliters) of water in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for about 7-10 minutes until the mixture becomes very mushy. Keep stirring and make sure nothing burns. Puree together with the cooking water.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Warm the coconut oil in a hot water bath, if needed, until it is liquid. Mix the flour, almonds, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir the coconut oil, applesauce, milk and egg yolks into the dry ingredients first, then the slightly cooled date puree.
- Gently but thoroughly fold in beaten egg whites with a wooden spoon or pastry scraper. Pour the dough into muffin cups (preferably made of silicone or greaseproof paper). Bake for about 25 minutes. The muffins should still be moist and soft inside.
Recipes for healthy chocolate muffins without bananas are namely rare. So, how about these really delicious whole grain chocolate muffins? I look forward to your feedback!
I have many more great healthy baking recipes like the low-fat apple cake, the sugar-free frozen yogurt or the cereal bars with granola – just click through the different categories or search for your favorite recipe - there's something for everyone!
German Butter Cake with Almond Topping
Vegan & Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies
Vegan Banana Cake (and sugar-free)
German Bee Sting Cake
Quick and Moist Chocolate Muffins
Classic Crumb Sheet Cake
Best Ever Basic Muffin Recipe
Easy, Quick and Moist Banana Muffins
Sugar-free Apple Carrot Cake
Best pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon frosting
Homemade healthy peanut butter and almond paste
Sugar-Free Protein Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies