Quick yeastless pizza cupcakes are a great party snack for old and young - they're guaranteed to hit the spot!
Pizza cupcakes combine many features a pleasing party snack needs: they hit the spot, are easy to prepare and taste great warm as well as cold. And you can prepare them really fast because you don't even need yeast for this recipe!
Taste and Occasion
My pizza muffins always taste on any occasion 😉 . As dinner, for picnics, for children's birthday parties or garden parties, or for example, on New Year's Eve.
Since pizza cupcakes are extremely easy to prepare and store, I always have a small supply in the freezer. With a salad, they are a tasty and quick dinner. Just like the cheese muffins, by the way.
My yeast-less pizza dough alternative is based on a curd-oil-dough, although you can easily replace the curd with buttermilk.
Like most savory muffins, you can modify and vary them beautifully. The basic recipe creates vegetarian pizza muffins. Spiced up, for example, with paprika or zucchini cubes. You'll get hearty ham and cheese muffins without tomato puree, Italian herbs and cherry tomatoes.
How to make the Pizza Cupcakes
First of all, preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Prepare the ingredients for refining, i.e. cut the peppers and ham into small cubes, cut the tomatoes in half, etc.
Now, whisk the buttermilk with egg and oil. After this, mix all dry ingredients for the muffin batter and stir briefly (!) but vigorously with the grated cheese. Season to taste and fold in all finishing ingredients.
Airy dough and fluffy cream: with a cream cheese filling, these savory profiteroles are excellent finger food for buffets! Plus, these little cream puffs are super pretty!
Pour your dough into paper or silicone molds and smooth out. If you like, press halved cherry tomatoes into the dough and sprinkle muffins with cheese. Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes and enjoy your little snack!
Even, if the following pizza cupcake variation actually has nothing to do with pizza: For really special greek muffins, it's easy to replace the grated cheese with feta and add greek spices.
For the basic dough
- 225 milliliters (1 cup) buttermilk, or 150g curd and 75 ml milk
- 1 egg, medium
- 60 grams (⅓ cup) olive oil
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon (⅓ teaspoon) pepper
- 100 grams (1 cup) grated cheese
Ideas to refine
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ bell pepper
- 12 pieces cherry tomatoes
- 70 grams (⅔ cup) cooked ham, optional
- 50 grams (3 ⅓ tablespoons) grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Prepare the ingredients for refining, i.e. cut the peppers and ham into small cubes, cut the tomatoes in half, etc.
- Whisk buttermilk with egg and oil. Mix all dry ingredients for the muffin batter and stir briefly (!) but vigorously with the grated cheese. Season to taste. Fold in all finishing ingredients.
- Pour dough into paper or silicone molds and smooth out. If desired, press halved cherry tomatoes into the dough and sprinkle muffins with cheese. Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes.
If you're craving more delicious snacks - or still need recipes for the next party - I can recommend these: Spinach puffs with feta, Turkish borek and many other recipes from my snack category. And now here's the easy, quick pizza cupcakes recipe. Give them a try and tell me about your favorite variations 🙂.
Leave a Reply