What comes out if one combines his favorite spice with his favorite vegetables? Maybe a tomato soup with basil. A cucumber salad with dill dressing. Or a wonderfully spicy pumpkin cake with especially a lot of cinnamon.
When I bake these pumpkin cupcakes, the whole flat smells fantastical. Like ginger, carnations, nutmeg, and cinnamon, only like all possible Chai spices. I love Chai tea, above all homemade – and I love pumpkin in all possible variations. We literally freak out every year like small children when the season begins (now :-))), and we store massive amounts of Hokkaido pumpkins in our basement, as soon as the season is about to end.
Unfortunately, the pumpkins usually are not enough even until spring. Besides, I could eat a Hokkaido every day, in the form of grilled pumpkin fries, pumpkin soup, pumpkin feta crowd and and and … oh :-).
Because this is, however, just a blog on baking, I present to you today cooking recipe, but my favorite recipe for pumpkin muffin or Pumpkin cupcakes: moist, simple and still not complicated. A little like spice cakes. Flavored with ginger and bread-biscuit spice (which you can substitute of course with ordinary cinnamon, ginger, carnations, etc.). Crowned by a cinnamon topping, ideally decorated with pretty sugar decoration and chocolate decoration.
Spicy, moist and fluffy at the same time: This pumpkin spice cake made of sponge cake sweetens every autumn day!
Now, however, directly to the recipe for the Halloween cupcakes which are made within a few minutes, at least if one has pumpkin puree at home. Who does not own quite by chance a tin of Canned Pumpkin (yes, outside the US this can become quite a challenge, I can tell you ;-)) can substitute it with baby food with pure pumpkin (already tested, works perfectly!). Or make pumpkin puree yourself, it is quite simple; when you do it, ideally do several glasses or tins as stock. You bet I can recommend baking with pumpkin very much ;-)! To prepare the puree, bake small Hokkaido pumpkin pieces in the stove (about 1 half an hour) or cook in some water until they are soft. Mash – and the pumpkin mush is ready.
Pumpkin-Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
For the Cupcakes
- 250 grams pumpkin puree ready bought or homemade - see tip
- 180 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 120 milliliters sunflower oil
- 50 milliliters milk
- 250 grams flour
- 4 teaspoons chai spice or a mixture of cinnamon cloves, ginger, etc.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting
- 100 grams butter soft
- 180 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon chai spice or a mixture of cinnamon cloves, ginger, etc.
- Mix the room-warm pumpkin puree with the sugar in the mixing bowl, then add the eggs, oil, and milk and mix well. Preheat oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly, but not too long, to a muffin dough. Pour the batter into 12 molds and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool. For freezing, whisk the soft butter with the sieved icing sugar until frothy, add the chai spice or cinnamon and decorate the cupcakes.
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!