Fancy a delicious, quick low carb apple pie without sugar and flour? This one is gluten-free, moist & made with only four ingredients!
Hello apple-lovers! Today's recipe is a quick low carb apple pie without flour and sugar, consisting of only 4 ingredients. The cake is the perfect alternative for anyone looking for an easy and delicious low carb apple pie.
Taste and Occasion
This apple pie recipe is gluten-free - and if you replace the (regular) sugar with a sweetener alternative, it's sugar-free, too. My low carb flourless apple cake is based on a fluffy egg mixture with ground almonds. So the consistency is also a bit different than a sponge cake.
And since it's a gluten-free apple pie, which lacks gluten, it's also a bit more "crumbly" instead of homogeneous. But that doesn't detract from the great taste at all!
Since I love quick and easy baking recipes with few ingredients, this is a four-ingredient apple pie. Almonds, sweetener, eggs, apples. That's it! To succeed, it's important to whip the beaten egg whites very stiff and the egg yolk xylitol mixture nice and fluffy.
And gently mix everything together at the end. The air of the beaten egg whites must not give way. Nevertheless, you have to mix the ingredients into a homogeneous dough, of course.
How to make the Quick Low Carb Apple Pie
First things first: Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/ 20 cm). Sprinkle it with almonds, and line it with baking paper. Now, wash and peel the apple and cut it into tiny cubes.
It's time for separating the eggs and beating the egg whites with completely fat-free, clean whisks until stiff, adding 50 grams of the xylitol towards the end.
In a second bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining xylitol for a few minutes until light and creamy. Stir the almonds briefly into the egg cream. Then, gradually fold in the beaten egg whites carefully and thoroughly, but gently. Like sponge dough, you should no longer stir vigorously but rather fold in with a whisk or dough scraper. Fold in apple pieces and the finishing ingredients to taste.
Lastly, pour the dough into the pan and smooth it down. Sprinkle with almond slivers if desired. Bake your low carb apple pie for about 35 minutes and let cool before cutting.
A special chocolate cake without flour, butter, eggs and industrial sugar - super delicious and suitable for vegans and allergy sufferers.
For sweetening, I used the sugar substitute xylitol. You can also use erythritol if you don't mind the slightly cool aftertaste or regular sugar.
Quick Low Carb Apple Pie
- small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/ 20 cm)
For the cake
- 5 eggs, medium
- 100 grams (½ cup) xylitol, or erythritol
- 200 grams (1 ¾ cups) ground almonds, blanched
- 200 grams (1 ⅔ cups) apples
Optional to refine
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or butter (for an even moister cake)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 40 grams (½ cup) almond slivers, as decoration on the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a small loaf pan (approx. 8 in/ 20 cm), sprinkle with almonds, and line with baking paper. Wash and peel the apple and cut it into tiny cubes.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with completely fat-free, clean whisks until stiff, adding 50 grams of the xylitol towards the end. In a second bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining xylitol for a few minutes until light and creamy.
- Stir the almonds briefly into the egg cream. Gradually fold in the beaten egg whites carefully and thoroughly, but gently. Like sponge dough, you should no longer stir vigorously but rather fold in with a whisk or dough scraper. Fold in apple pieces (and finishing ingredients to taste).
- Pour the dough into the pan and smooth it down. Sprinkle with almond slivers if desired. Bake cake for about 35 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
You can modify the low carb apple pie recipe very well. Do you like cinnamon? Then just add some cinnamon powder to the dough. For a fresh touch, add a small amount of lemon juice or lemon zest. A few drops of bitter almond oil result in a marzipan-like note. A little melted coconut oil or butter makes the sugar-free apple pie even moister.
Maybe my gluten-free, low carb apple pie without flour with almonds appeals to you directly. If not - I would, of course, have a few other suggestions 😉 . Check out all my healthier apple pie recipes, including, among others, a vegan apple pie without sugar, sugar substitute and egg or a low fat apple cake.
Homemade Cheese Shortbread Cookies
Deliciously moist Gluten-Free Lemon Cake with Almonds
Moist Gluten-free Carrot Cake
Best Cut Out Christmas Cookies
German Bee Sting Cake
Sugar-Free Apple Pie (Vegan)
Rhubarb Cake with Meringue Topping