Delicious vegan waffles without sugar, eggs, butter. Great how good healthy whole grain waffles can taste! Perfect for children and babies, as well.
These vegan waffles without sugar, eggs and butter are an absolute highlight to me. That's because they're not just vegan waffles, where I've replaced the animal ingredients with plant-based substitutes. The whole wheat waffles are made entirely from natural ingredients. And they turn out really delicious!
Taste and Occasion
Honestly, I didn't think a healthy waffle recipe could turn out this good. Because I did pretty much everything differently than in the classic waffle batter. After all, these are waffles without sugar, eggs, butter, milk and white flour.
That makes the tasty crispy waffles not only perfect for Vegans but toddlers and children, as well. You can't go wrong with this recipe!
You'll need fruit puree, a little oil, a plant-based milk alternative, baking powder and whole grains. Sure, you can't compare consistency and taste 1:1 with the classic. But I really like to eat them. Because I like the very subtle sweetness and the fluffy dough so much.
In my opinion, they are also the perfect healthy waffles for toddlers. Without egg, milk and butter, which some babies are allergic to. Naturally sugar-free and without any sugar substitutes - which the little ones don't mind at all! And also made from a light wholemeal flour.
How to make the Vegan Waffles
Let's get started with this delicious Vegan Waffle Recipe: First of all, mix flour with baking powder. Then, whisk the vegetable milk with the fruit puree as well as oil.
Now, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix everything well to make a smooth dough. Add spices such as vanilla or cinnamon to taste and sweeten if desired (see tips). Let waffle batter rest for about 5 minutes.
Heat the waffle iron and grease well. Place about a quarter of the batter in the center, close and bake. The waffles taste good warm or cold.
To make the banana waffles without butter, grease your waffle iron well and do not do without the additional oil in the batter. Nevertheless, the sugar-free waffles without egg and butter are low in calories and fat.
The Best Ever Vegan Waffles
- 200 grams wholemeal flour light
- 2 teaspoons baking powder preferably tartaric baking powder
- 250 milliliters oat milk
- 80 grams fruit puree preferably apple-banana
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Mix flour with baking powder. Whisk the vegetable milk with the fruit puree as well as oil. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to make a smooth dough. Add spices such as vanilla or cinnamon to taste and sweeten if desired (see tips). Let waffle batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the waffle iron and grease well. Place about a quarter of the batter in the center, close and bake. The waffles taste good warm or cold.
- Instead of oat milk, almond/rice/soy milk and cow's milk are also suitable if it does not have to be vegan.
- For the fruit puree, pureed ripe banana or apple-banana puree without sugar are best.
- For flavoring you can use e.g. cinnamon, lemon zest, poppy seeds, cocoa or similar.
- The waffles are really only very discreetly sweet. If you like it sweeter, add about 40 grams of cane sugar, coconut sugar, agave syrup, rice syrup or similar to the batter.
- To store the waffles should be stored in a tupperware container or similar.
By the way, to all the banana haters: the vegan waffles work just as well with applesauce. Whether you're making the egg and sugar-free toddler waffles for baby-led-weaning or snacking on them yourself, give the recipe a try! Just like the light whole wheat flour.
If you like this waffle recipe you should definitely try some of my other vegan and healthy creations! How about this delicious vegan and sugar-free banana cake? Another all-time-classic are the gluten-free and vegan sweet potato brownies!
See you soon!
Then sign up for our email updates and get all new recipes in your inbox for free (you can always unsubscribe)!