Delicious vegan waffles without sugar, eggs, or butter. You will be amazed at how good whole-grain waffles can actually taste! And - if you have toddlers around - they like them a lot too!
These vegan waffles without sugar, eggs, or butter are an absolute highlight to me. That's because it is not just a waffles recipe converted to vegan, where you replace the animal ingredients with plant-based substitutes. In this case, the waffles are made entirely from natural ingredients. And they taste really delicious!
Taste and Occasion
Honestly, I didn't expect a healthy waffle recipe could be this good. Because I used more or less completely different ingredients than I use for a classic waffle batter. So no sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and white flour.
When you compare the vegan waffles to the classic recipe, you'll immediately notice the mild sweetness and a gentle fruit taste. I'd say they taste way more diverse, simply due to the ingredients chosen.
That makes the tasty crispy waffles not only perfect for Vegans. In my opinion, they are also the perfect healthy waffles for toddlers. Without egg, milk, and butter, which some babies are allergic to. Naturally sugar-free and without any sugar substitutes - which the little ones don't mind at all! And also made from a light wholemeal flour.
You'll need fruit puree, a little oil, a plant-based milk alternative, baking powder, and whole grains. Sure, you can't compare consistency and taste 1:1 with the classic recipe. But I really like to eat them. Because I like the subtle sweetness and the fluffy dough so much.
How to make the Vegan Waffles
Let's get started with this delicious Vegan Waffle Recipe: First of all, mix flour with baking powder. Then, whisk the vegetable milk with the fruit puree as well as oil.
Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix everything well to make a smooth dough. Add spices such as vanilla or cinnamon to taste and sweeten if desired (see tips). Then let the waffle batter rest for about 5 minutes.
Heat the waffle iron and grease well. Place about a quarter of the batter in the center, close, and bake. The waffles taste good warm or cold.
To make the waffles without butter, grease your waffle iron well, and add additional oil to the batter.
The Best Ever Vegan Waffles
- 200 grams (1 ¾ cups) wholemeal flour, light
- 2 teaspoons baking powder , preferably tartaric baking powder
- 250 milliliters (1 cups) oat milk
- 80 grams (⅓ cup) fruit puree , preferably apple-banana
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Mix flour with baking powder. Whisk the vegetable milk with the fruit puree as well as oil. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to make a smooth dough. Add spices such as vanilla or cinnamon to taste and sweeten if desired (see tips). Let waffle batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the waffle iron and grease well. Place about a quarter of the batter in the center, close and bake. The waffles taste good warm or cold.
- Instead of oat milk, almond/rice/soy milk and cow's milk are also suitable if it does not have to be vegan.
- For the fruit puree, pureed ripe banana or apple-banana puree without sugar is best.
- You can use spices like cinnamon, lemon zest, poppy seeds, or cocoa for flavoring.
- The waffles are really only mildly sweet. If you like it sweeter, add about 40 grams of cane sugar, coconut sugar, agave syrup, rice syrup, or similar to the batter.
- If you want to store the waffles, they should be placed in a Tupperware container or similar.
Sweet fitness food: these protein-packed waffles with no sugar, flour or gluten are not only quick to make, but also really delicious.
If you don't like bananas: the vegan waffles work just as well with applesauce. Whether you're making the egg and sugar-free toddler waffles for baby-led-weaning or snacking on them yourself, give the recipe a try! Just like the light whole wheat flour.
If you like this waffle recipe, you should try some of my other vegan and healthy creations! How about this delicious vegan and sugar-free banana cake? Another all-time classic like the gluten-free and vegan sweet potato brownies!
See you soon!
Winter waffles with Cinnamon, Nuts and Co.
Grandma's Easy Shortbread Biscuits
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Moist and Soft Yogurt Waffles
Flourless Low Carb Waffles
Shortbread Cookies, a Scottish Classic
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Delicious No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
The Best Wacky Cake (Chocolate Cake)
Healthy Donuts: Vegan and Sugarfree