They consist of only three ingredients, are vegan, no sugar, clean, no gluten, and still very delicious 😉 : my fluffy, organic pancakes with oatmeal and banana that I am making for you today.
Welcome, welcome, friends!
today I have a really special recipe for you, straight from our recipe workbench. We love pancakes but sometimes opt for a healthier version of the standard pancakes. Here comes our vegan, organic, no-sugar no flour gluten-free pancake recipe that also tastes great. Stay with me to see how easy they're made, and how easy it is to adjust the ingredients to make these oatmeal pancakes "truly yours".
About Oatmeal Pancakes
I really love these no-flour pancakes. I have not invented them, but variations of this recipe are buzzing around the internet several times in different mixtures. Sometimes with more, sometimes with less fruit, sometimes with whole flakes, sometimes with oatmeal. I have tried a few of them and came up with this recipe which - for me - is the best combination for me.
Taste and Occasion
Fluffy vegan pancakes is what would describe the taste best.
Due to the few, natural ingredients and the absence of typical allergens, they are the perfect pancakes for babies and toddlers. And, of course, also for all grown-ups who are looking for a healthy snack.
Of course, they are certainly not quite comparable to classic American pancakes. But the fact that these pancakes do not contain any egg or milk, no gluten or sweeteners, no artificial substitutes and so on, is nevertheless a little "aha" experience 🙂.
The recipe only contains three ingredients: 1) fine oat flakes, 2) ripe bananas, and 3) ordinary oat milk.
Start by grinding the oat flakes a little finer in a kitchen chopper or similar. Once that is done, you mash the ripe banana to a fine paste, which you then whisk with the oat milk.
Next, you add the oatmeal/flakes and stir well. Now let the dough rest and swell for around five minutes.
While the dough is resting, you can already start heating up a large coated pan with a a bit of oil (e.g. coconut oil).
Now take a common tablespoon add 2-3 spoons of dough. Bake the pancakes at medium heat until the underside comes off, turn the pancakes and finish baking.
Repeat those steps with the rest of the dough.
Organic 3-ingredient pancakes
- 100 grams oat flakes gluten-free
- 130 grams banana skinless
- 170 millilitres oat milk or almond, soy or rice milk
- Grind the oat flakes a little finer in a kitchen chopper or similar. Mash the ripe banana to a paste, whisk with the oat milk. Add the oatmeal/flakes and stir well. Let the dough swell for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a large coated pan with a little (coconut) oil. Add 2-3 small portions of dough with a tablespoon. Bake at medium heat until the underside comes off, turn the pancakes and finish baking. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
3 Tips to make this recipe successfully
For the success of these banana pancakes, some things are essential:
- take very ripe bananas with many black dots. They add a nice, subtle sweetness to the dough and provide the right consistency. After all, they practically replace the eggs in the recipe.
- The ingredients will mix better to a homogeneous dough if you crush or mortar the (soft) oat flakes a bit finer. You only need a kitchen chopper. But it is not a must and you can certainly do without it; and it doesn't have to be oatmeal.
- You also need a coated pan and some oil for the vegan pancakes - coconut oil, for example. I have baked-out the banana - oatmeal pancakes carefully. Otherwise, they might fall apart when turned. If this happens, simply turn these Fitness Pancakes into a classical Austrian Kaiserschmarrn 😉 . It's all just a question of the name.
As mentioned before, there are lots of other ways how to make this recipe. If you don't want to use oat milk for example, you can use rice milk, soy milk, or almond milk instead.
I hope you're enjoying this recipe as much as I do. Let me know in the comments if you have altered the recipe, I'd love to know your recipe tweaks!