This super quick walnut cake is a great alternative to the alternative with hazelnuts. Easy, moist, super delicious!
This delicious cake with walnuts is not only made in a flash but also a great alternative to the classic hazelnut cake.
Taste and Occasion
Sometimes the easiest things are the best. And when they have a little unique twist (like this quick walnut cake), nothing can really go wrong. Pastries with hazelnuts or almonds are a dime a dozen. But you rarely see a cake with ground walnuts. What a pity! Because baking with walnuts is fantastic. Especially when the slightly tart flavor of the nuts is not too dominant in the result. I followed my basic cake batter recipe and the chocolate hazelnut version for my easy walnut cake recipe. Absolutely sure to succeed and an absolute classic.
The walnuts are comparatively rarely already ready ground, you have to do it yourself quickly. So you can also determine how fine you want them. To moisten the walnut cake, it needs a good portion of butter - and liquid in the form of coffee. Of course, you can also use milk. But the very subtle coffee note harmonizes perfectly with the other ingredients. Especially if you add brown sugar, cane sugar, or coconut sugar. It also results in a wonderful light caramel flavor.
The ingredients for the fine walnut cake recipe are hard to beat in terms of unspectacularity (is there actually this word 😉 ?) But what makes the cake with walnuts no less delicious. The dough is in the oven within just 15 minutes, making it the perfect last-minute treat.
How to make the Walnut Cake
First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease the springform pan and dust it with flour. Make a small cup of coffee. Cream the soft butter with the sugar. Gradually stir in the eggs, one at a time.
This sunken low-fat apple cake made with spelt flour is not only incredibly moist and delicious, it's also low in fat and calories.
Then, mix flour with nuts, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Stir in alternately with the cooled coffee or milk. Use enough liquid until the dough falls from the spoon with difficulty tearing. Pour the dough into the prepared pan, smooth it out, top with walnut halves if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with chopsticks.
If you're in the mood for some variety, you can also wonderfully vary the easy, quick walnut cake. For example, how about adding a little extra tonka bean, cinnamon, and vanilla paste? The alternative of baking the cake with walnuts and chocolate - for example, chocolate drops and/or chocolate icing - is also delicious.
- 1 springform pan 10 in / 26 cm
For the dough
- 220 grams (1 cups) butter, soft
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) sugar
- 100 grams (½ cup) brown sugar
- 4 eggs, medium
- 150 grams (1 ⅕ cups) all-purpose flour
- 200 grams (1 ¾ cups) ground walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cooled coffee, or milk
- Walnut kernels for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease the springform pan and dust it with flour. Make a small cup of coffee. Cream the soft butter with the sugar. Gradually stir in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix flour with nuts, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Stir in alternately with the cooled coffee or milk. Use enough liquid until the dough falls from the spoon with difficulty tearing.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, smooth it out, top with walnut halves if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with chopsticks.
Well, how about it - did I whet your appetite for this super moist cake with grated walnuts? As always, I love to hear your feedback when you've baked it up. And for all nut fans, I recommend e.g. grandma's moist nut cake, the vegan version or baklava.