Making your own honey roasted nuts is really easy: this quick recipe for roasted and salted honey nuts makes a delicious snack!
Hello there! This snack is really addictive: delicious nuts with honey to nibble on, which are not only easy but also very quick to prepare.
Taste and Occasion
Honey roasted nuts to nibble on are the perfect snack for parties, TV nights, game nights, and birthday celebrations. Sure, celery and carrots would certainly be healthier. But guaranteed nowhere near as delicious as these homemade roasted nuts with honey 😉
You can also buy salted, roasted honey nuts in the supermarket from many manufacturers. But as nearly always, the homemade alternative is just so much better. And making roasted nuts with honey yourself is a breeze. You only need 20-25 minutes, including the baking time. The result tastes just the way you want it to. Salted honey nuts are wonderfully variable: both in terms of nut types as well as in the choice of spices, you can feel free to be creative.
The base of my recipe are cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, macadamias, sunflower seeds and Co. Best natural – not already roasted and salted. To refine, you need spice mixtures such as curry or Ras El Hanout, alternatively single spices like paprika and chili.
The savory snack is really special: The nuts are salty caramelized, so it's an exciting flavor combination of sea salt, sugar and honey. The caramelization also makes the consistency unique.
As already written, you have many refinement options for homemade roasted nuts with honey. I usually prepare two to three alternatives from the recipe. You prepare them all in the same way - for example mixed with honey, sugar, oil and salt. However, one part then becomes, for example, rosemary nuts, and one part becomes honey mustard nuts.
How to make the Honey Roasted Nuts
Let's get started with this easy and quick recipe. Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C. Heat honey and sugar in a small saucepan and dissolve.
Now, place nuts and seeds in a large bowl. Add oil, sugar-honey mix, salt and spices; mix everything very well so that the nuts are completely coated. Then, spread nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Soft sugar-free protein cookies that provide protein and healthy fats. The cookies are wonderfully versatile and absolutely delicious!
Roast for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice. They will crisp up nicely when cooled after baking. Enjoy your homemade snack!
So that guaranteed nothing goes wrong, I'll give you a few tips for the preparation:
Which nuts are suitable for this recipe?
Do the nuts need to be pre-roasted?
Can I also use already salted, roasted nuts?
Can honey-salted nuts be prepared vegan?
Are roasted nuts healthy?
Honey Roasted Salted Nuts
- 400 grams (3 cups) nuts and seeds
- 40 grams (2 tablespoons) honey, or agave syrup
- 20 grams (1 ¾ tablespoons) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, or butter
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons spices
- ½ teaspoon mustard, optional
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C. Heat honey and sugar in a small saucepan and dissolve.
- Place nuts and seeds in a large bowl. Add oil, sugar-honey mix, salt and spices; mix everything very well so that the nuts are completely coated.
- Spread nuts on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice. They will crisp up nicely when cooled after baking.
- A great foundation includes unroasted and unsalted cashews, peanuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts and sunflower seeds. If you are already using (dry roasted) salted nuts, omit the salt from the recipe.
- Blends such as Ras el Hanout or curry are suitable for seasoning and paprika, cumin, pepper, or chili.
- The nuts are well cooled and packed in an airtight container for at least two weeks.
I hope you enjoy the roasted salty honey nuts as much as we do! If you're in the mood for more snacks, try my cheese shortbread cookies, sweet potato chips, crackers or grissini.
Leave a Reply