This easy two-ingredient marzipan cake becomes wonderfully moist, airy and delicious. You can also make the cake low carb and sugar-free.
To be honest: Two-ingredient cakes always sound exciting, but in reality, they often don't succeed.
Until now, because this quick marzipan cake convinces all along the line! For the recipe, you really only need marzipan and eggs. Not even baking powder is necessary.
Taste and Occasion
If you like marzipan, you'll be thrilled. The cake tastes like a slightly softer, airier and at the same timeless sweet marzipan in large 😉 . In other blogs, behind such recipes with few ingredients is often "baking mix plus egg / butter / milk". The baking mix itself, however, consists of flour, sugar, milk powder and Co. Not very convincing.
Moreover, many other recipes with two ingredients have a purchased stock photo to be on the safe side, because the results are not only visually rather lousy.
In this moist marzipan cake with two ingredients, however, the name says it all. Taste and consistency: heavenly! If you follow a few essential tips, nothing is guaranteed to go wrong.
The idea itself is not mine but from various other websites. However, I have simplified the 2-ingredient cake with marzipan by, for example, not separating the eggs.
Instead, beat the eggs for a few minutes on high speed until very light and fluffy (preferably with a stand mixer). So it's a bit like sponge cake batter.
The marzipan should be beaten into the airy egg mixture in portions while stirring so that the egg mixture doesn't collapse. Either slightly warmed, soften, and in small pieces. That's how I always do it. Or, when chilled, grated.
The oven temperature for this quick two ingredient marzipan cake is low. This keeps it nice and bright.
How to make the Two Ingredient Marzipan Cake
Let's get started! First of all, preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C. Then, cover the bottom of a small springform pan (8 in/20 cm) with baking paper and lightly grease the edges.
Cut the marzipan into small pieces and heat slightly, e.g. in the microwave. Alternatively, you can also grate very cold marzipan.
After that, beat the eggs in a stand mixer for a few minutes until they are very foamy. Gradually add warm, soft marzipan pieces while continuing to beat. Important hint: The mixture should remain very fluffy.
This easy apple pie without flour and sugar has only 4 ingredients and is quick to mix. For those looking for a delicious gluten-free low carb apple pie.
Now, pour the dough into a pan and bake it at 340°F/170°C for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 250°F/120°C and bake the cake for another 30 minutes. Cover towards the end if necessary.
In the end, the cake should be firm to the touch, but not dry. Let cool, then cut and enjoy your quick and easy two-ingredient marzipan cake!
Even without any decoration, the cake tastes heavenly. But if you want some eye-catchers on top, I recommend a little chocolate icing, powdered sugar or flaked almonds.
Two-Ingredient Marzipan Cake
- Springform Pan (8 in/20 cm)
- 4 eggs, large
- 250 grams (1 cup) marzipan
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C. Cover the bottom of a small springform pan (8 in/20 cm) with baking paper, lightly grease the edges.
- Cut the marzipan into small pieces and heat slightly, e.g. in the microwave. Alternatively, grate very cold marzipan.
- Beat the eggs in a stand mixer for a few minutes until very foamy. Gradually add warm, soft marzipan pieces while continuing to beat. The mixture should remain very fluffy.
- Pour the dough into a pan and bake it at 340°F/170°C for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 250°F/120°C and bake the cake for another 30 minutes. Cover towards the end if necessary. The cake should be firm to the touch, but not dry. Let cool, then cut.
- For a low carb and sugar-free version of this marzipan cake, simply replace the regular raw mix with homemade marzipan.
- The cake tastes pure but also decorated with a little chocolate icing, powdered sugar or flaked almonds.
By design, marzipan cake is gluten-free and flourless. However, the recipe can be made even healthier: For a low carb marzipan cake without sugar, you'll need homemade marzipan sweetened with powdery xylitol or erythritol, for example.
If you're now in the mood for more recipes with just a few ingredients, check out the three-ingredient biscuits, the three-ingredient low carb keto crackers or the peanut butter protein balls with only five ingredients.
German Christmas Stollen (Christstollen)
Moist Gluten-free Carrot Cake
Homemade Cheese Shortbread Cookies
Healthy Homemade Nutella
Best Cut Out Christmas Cookies
Moist flourless chocolate cake
How to Make Marzipan at Home
Delicious Zucchini Nut Cake with Hazelnuts
Zebra cake with cream instead of butter
Delicious No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake