Take finely grated apples and carrots, as well as a really ripe banana, and you have my recipe for success for this healthy sugar-free and butterless cake . I recently created this Apple and Carrot Cake for an small kids birthday party, and they really had fun and ate the entire cake, which was the best compliment I could get for my work. But the it simply tastes pretty good to me as well 😉
So you already see, this sugar-free carrot cake for babies and toddlers is of course also suitable for adults. The recipe kills several birds with one stone: It already contains several portions of vitamins - which can be "hidden" very well for the kids - and is based on the Clean Baking concept, so only natural, unprocessed ingredients. At least if you use whole wheat flour. The toddler cake is very soft, super-juicy and creamy. Nevertheless, it can be eaten well without a plate, because the consistency is rather firm and a bit like a flan. All in all, a great healthy cake for the toddlers. It is important that you use ripe fruits that have sufficient natural sweetness. Carrots are slightly sweet anyway. Cinnamon and lemon juice are optional but a great addition - at least for me. The sugar-free apple and carrot cake has a slight coconut taste which comes from the coconut oil. You can also use melted butter instead, but then you need a larger amount .
All in all this cake is a safe bet for a kids's first birthday - or... for adult women for their 30th 😉. Well, please do not compare such recipes in terms of taste with full fat sugar-rich cakes. Nevertheless: I really like eating this carrot and apple pie. You have my word of honor!
Sugar-free apple and carrot cake
- 100 grams (¾ cups) carrots, chopped
- 100 grams (¾ cups) apple, chopped
- 130 grams (1 cups) banana, mashed, very ripe & sweet
- 1 medium egg
- 80 grams (½ cups) Greek yogurt, or sour cream
- 40 grams (3 tablespoon) coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 130 grams (1 cup) flour, ideally whole grain
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Finely grate the carrot and the apple. Mash banana. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees fahrenheit top and bottom heat. Whisk the egg with the yoghurt, stir in the coconut oil. Mix the remaining dry ingredients and add to the moist ingredients. Stir briefly, but thoroughly. Finally stir in the prepared mashed fruits.
- Grease the small baking pan and dust with flour or cover with baking paper. Add the dough and smooth. Bake cake for about 40 minutes. Best kept in the fridge.
Vegan Banana Cake (and sugar-free)
German Butter Cake with Almond Topping
Healthy Baby Spelt Sticks (no-sugar)
Sugar-Free Apple Pie (Vegan)
German Bee Sting Cake
Best Ever Tasty Vegan Waffles
Easy Sugar-free Oatmeal Cookies
Vegan & Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies
Low Carb Banana Bread
The Best Wacky Cake (Chocolate Cake)